tell us about the last Film you saw

If it's from the web, ya gotta use the image button that's next to the smile button.
I never do! I just paste the address directly and it always shows up.

geesh what a boring and pointless movie. im not saying that it was stupid, because it wasn't. it was well made. but it was boring and pointless. you couldn't give a damn about any of the characters and there were none of those "moments that catch" that you want in uneventful films that make you see the poetry in the everyday. generally I like movies where characters act incomprehensibly but there was nothing interesting about the incomprehensible way these people acted. it all seemed so arbitrary and uninspired. when the ending came I wondered how they had chosen that moment to end it, since they could've ended it anywhere and it would've been the same. I do not recommend. :rabbitface:1/2

now THIS was a good movie. sort of the same Idea. a largely uneventful summer in the lives of a bourgeois family. centred around the everyday. yet, this one had so much more humanity, characters that felt real. I really like this actress too. something about her reminds me of Gwyneth Paltrow only more down to earth and likeable. :rabbitface::rabbitface::rabbitface:1/2

So I only at most sleep about five hours a night which means I’m usually awake around four thirty in the morning so lately in an effort to start watching films again despite the time sucking hole that is being a parent I’ve been watching a movie a day from five to seven in the morning. So far I’ve watched the Dallas buyers club, Golden exits and the laundromat. Golden exits was pretty sweet as it reminded me a lot of an older styled indie film from the nineties when there was a strain of films that just showed people’s normal lives. Worth checking out

So I only at most sleep about five hours a night which means I’m usually awake around four thirty in the morning so lately in an effort to start watching films again despite the time sucking hole that is being a parent I’ve been watching a movie a day from five to seven in the morning. So far I’ve watched the Dallas buyers club, Golden exits and the laundromat. Golden exits was pretty sweet as it reminded me a lot of an older styled indie film from the nineties when there was a strain of films that just showed people’s normal lives. Worth checking out

I thought The laundromat was a well made film based on real story of a widow trying to collect a life insurance of her late husband only it turned out to be fake. Investigation leads to offshore money laundering and dodgy deals involving prominent politicians. Great cast: Banderas, Gary Oldman as two corrupt lawyers and Meryl Streep the main character. A small role for Sharon Stone. Not sure what happened to her career but somehow it just took a nosedive.

I thought The laundromat was a well made film based on real story of a widow trying to collect a life insurance of her late husband only it turned out to be fake. Investigation leads to offshore money laundering and dodgy deals involving prominent politicians. Great cast: Banderas, Gary Oldman as two corrupt lawyers and Meryl Streep the main character. A small role for Sharon Stone. Not sure what happened to her career but somehow it just took a nosedive.

I never really followed her that much. I love goldman but banderas I thought was a great comedic actor which Id never really thought of him as. I think I could listen to him go on about anything. I enjoyed the movie and thought it good, it even had an actor from succession, but I’d been following the story since it dropped and I didn’t learn much of anything new and I could think of some things they left out. They mention Cameron but didn’t mention any of the say actors who had money with them like Jackie Chan. The best part imo was when bendaras was explaining how he came to the decision to stop trying to help the world but and just help himself

geesh what a boring and pointless movie. im not saying that it was stupid, because it wasn't. it was well made. but it was boring and pointless. you couldn't give a damn about any of the characters and there were none of those "moments that catch" that you want in uneventful films that make you see the poetry in the everyday. generally I like movies where characters act incomprehensibly but there was nothing interesting about the incomprehensible way these people acted. it all seemed so arbitrary and uninspired. when the ending came I wondered how they had chosen that moment to end it, since they could've ended it anywhere and it would've been the same. I do not recommend. :rabbitface:1/2

I couldn't finish it. I thought it was me.

this was a really amazing adaptation of great expectations. for some reason they did 19th century literary adaptations so much better in the 30s and 40s than they do now. they didn't fill them full of cheese and hyped-up sexuality and false edginess. all of the actors in it, even the children actor, were just perfect. old joe the blacksmith just breaks your heart. and I thought the scene where the young boy challenged young pip to a fight was really funny. and look how pretty jean simmons as young estella was:

highly recommend :rabbitface::rabbitface::rabbitface::rabbitface:

While we’re young which was weirdly really similar to golden exits despite one being a comedy and the other a straight drama. Also who decided Adam driver was a good actor. He does his one role well admittedly and he’s charming but he has no range and I’m not sure he is ever really even acting. Loved him in girls though.

nymphomaniac vol 2. Remains amazing

a french 1960s short film (28') presented as a pictorial b/w photo story with a narrative voice in the off.
the world after ww3, the survivors in paris vegetate in the underground world of the metro, one of them painfully remembers the face of a woman, but cant make sense of it.
involves drug experiments, time travel, science fiction and existential noir images.
definitely the best film i've seen in a decade:
7 out og 5 lanterns!

at the edge of the jetty

john carpenter - escape from new york from 1981 takes place in the dystopian future of new york which was in 1997, but probably hasnt changed much since then...

john carpenter is one of those directors that miraculously can turn every shitty screenplay into a masterpiece.
makes you wonder whether the 9/11 attacks had been inspired by this film, even though the protagonist is able to land ON the wtc, due to his flying skills, and not crash into it.
most likely the film also influenced "idiocracy", especially the character of the name "brain" reminds us of the very true saying that among the blind, the one-eyed person becomes king (or queen).
a bit stereotypical in regard to its representation of colored folks and those equipped with state authority.

76868593-2FD9-4A66-9F57-8BA4BA5E5069.jpeg

Now I know where Cirque du Soleil got their costume inspirations. Interesting animation and story.

B1207A64-C29E-40B5-9DC2-30FD1C90317C.jpeg

Paired with the earlier short on Criterion which happens to be in full on YouTube.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom