tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

Yes, I'm late. I've seen it twice already.

DarkKnightWhySoSerious.jpg

Best. Magic. Trick. Ever.

And Heath Ledger was everything everyone said he would be.

Yes, I'm late. I've seen it twice already.

DarkKnightWhySoSerious.jpg

Best. Magic. Trick. Ever.

And Heath Ledger was everything everyone said he would be.

Hahaha I've seen twice as well - great film!

Saw the Shining for the first time on Friday - one of the best films I have ever seen. I love films that your still thinking about two days later.

Hahaha I've seen twice as well - great film!

Saw the Shining for the first time on Friday - one of the best films I have ever seen. I love films that your still thinking about two days later.

The twins are creepy. We have an old hotel here that reminds me of the Overlook (the interior, not the exterior).

Last night on BBC2 I watched the film Spider with Ralph fiennes.i watched it till one in the morning and missed the last fifteen minutes and the twist (if there was one!) because my satelite signal was down.

someone please please tell me the end as its been bugging me all day.

I went on a date to see batman at the midnight show last night at leicester square.
I fell asleep.

Last night on BBC2 I watched the film Spider with Ralph fiennes.i watched it till one in the morning and missed the last fifteen minutes and the twist (if there was one!) because my satelite signal was down.

someone please please tell me the end as its been bugging me all day.

I'd recommend you to borrow a copy of DVD and watch it again from the begining.
Alternatively you can go to http://imdb.com, check users comments.

I saw it in cinema when it was first time released.
Few months later I saw an elderly man who resembled the protagonist of the film in Kings Cross.

I'd recommend you to borrow a copy of DVD and watch it again from the begining.
Alternatively you can go to http://imdb.com, check users comments.

I saw it in cinema when it was first time released.
Few months later I saw an elderly man who resembled the protagonist of the film in Kings Cross.

Thanks.I think i will get the dvd as i really liked this film.It is very dark and at first i thought God my life is too short to watch something this depressing.But I was gripped within about twenty minutes.

I seen about half an hour of War of the worlds- it was bloodly awful. Tom Cruise made me angry.

Noooooooooooo:( Its a brilliant film! Its a bit of hokum and tom is fab.We all need a bit of Tom every now and then.:guitar:

The Dark Knight (Imax) - After all the hype and box office records being smashed and rumoured oscar nods for Heath, this is really too good to resist - especially on the enormous Imax screen. A truly great cast that give strong performances all round in this dark sequel to Batman Begins. Batman's nemesis, the Joker takes over Gotham City, a combined force of Harvey Dent, James Gordon and Batman is needed to try and defeat the psychotic bankrobber. This version features 6 scenes shot specially for Imax cinemas - and they are spectacular. The picture is expanded to fill the vast screen and you almost feel part of the action, the rest of the film is in letterbox format. All eyes are on Heath Ledger's potrayal of the demented, but very clever bad guy. He doesn't disappoint, but whether this is destined for an oscar nomination, only time will tell. He apparently stayed in a room for 3 months to get the character right, and used Sid Vicious and Iggy Pop as inspiration. It was worth all the effort as he acts like a man possessed. If you get the chance, go and see it on the Imax screen. Directed by Christopher Nolan. Excellent stuff :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

Fanny (1961)

fanny.jpg

i watched this earlier and it was really cute and sweet.

"When her boyfriend leaves her pregnant and sails off to sea, a young French girl marries an older man for security. Problems arise when the boyfriend returns to claim his woman and son. "

The Dark Knight (2008)
Director:
Christopher Nolan
Writers (WGA):
Jonathan Nolan (screenplay) and
Christopher Nolan (screenplay)

quotes: The Joker: The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules!

dark-knight-poster-2.jpg

Do we believe the hype? well frankly yes! Following on from Batman Begins, Christian Bale (Batman/bruce wayne) now battles The Joker (do i really have to spell out who played him?), who is causing chaos in Gotham City by trying to unmask the Batman and stop Gotham's goldenboy or 'white knight' district attorney Harvey Dent, who is jailing all the mobsters. Added love interest is Rachel (Maggie Gyllenhaal) and for course you have the very reliable Alfred (Michael Caine) and Lt. James Gordon (Gary Oldman) all very well played, I must add.

dark-knight.jpg

Take away the costume and masks, you have a pretty good crime thriller or action film and not just another 'super hero movie'. While the film is long it doesn't drag as it is so well made. Using modern cities and not making it look too gothic adds a very 'realistic' look to the overly film. The films gadgets that the Batman uses are like something out of a James Bond movie, but now at-least he doesn't call them his "bat" gun/spray etc.

I wanted Health Ledger to have more screen time, The Joker in this film is really a maniac and can psychotically kill anyone because he simply enjoys it. Some scenes are very chilling, especially when he explains how he got his scars and also his trick with a "disappearing pencil"!

dark-knight-404_691769c.jpg

The cameo of Cillian Murphy as the Scarecrow tied up the last film and Eric Roberts looks mean enough to be a mobster. Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent does a great job as he is turned into nickname "two face" and how he is turned from who is was into something that he would never want to be, by the utter murderous mayhem caused by The Joker.

dark-knight-630-0708.jpg

This is another adaption of the The Batman graphic novel that has changed constantly in it's 69 year history, from gritty realism to the campy 1960s portrayal in the television serial and comics. This is a fitting and welcome movie adaption that many fans have welcomed with its brilliant portrayal of The Joker by the late Heath Ledger and since the ridiculed movie of 1997 which i really can't be bothered to utter it's name.

untitled.jpg

The Dark Knight (2008)
Director:
Christopher Nolan
Writers (WGA):
Jonathan Nolan (screenplay) and
Christopher Nolan (screenplay)

quotes: The Joker: The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules!

dark-knight-poster-2.jpg

Do we believe the hype? well frankly yes! Following on from Batman Begins, Christian Bale (Batman/bruce wayne) now battles The Joker (do i really have to spell out who played him?), who is causing chaos in Gotham City by trying to unmask the Batman and stop Gotham's goldenboy or 'white knight' district attorney Harvey Dent, who is jailing all the mobsters. Added love interest is Rachel (Maggie Gyllenhaal) and for course you have the very reliable Alfred (Michael Caine) and Lt. James Gordon (Gary Oldman) all very well played, I must add.

Take away the costume and masks, you have a pretty good crime thriller or action film and not just another 'super hero movie'. While the film is long it doesn't drag as it is so well made. Using modern cities and not making it look too gothic adds a very 'realistic' look to the overly film. The films gadgets that the Batman uses are like something out of a James Bond movie, but now at-least he doesn't call them his "bat" gun/spray etc.

I wanted Health Ledger to have more screen time, The Joker in this film is really a maniac and can psychotically kill anyone because he simply enjoys it. Some scenes are very chilling, especially when he explains how he got his scars and also his trick with a "disappearing pencil"!

dark-knight-404_691769c.jpg

The cameo of Cillian Murphy as the Scarecrow tied up the last film and Eric Roberts looks mean enough to be a mobster. Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent does a great job as he is turned into nickname "two face" and how he is turned from who is was into something that he would never want to be, by the utter murderous mayhem caused by The Joker.

This is another adaption of the The Batman graphic novel that has changed constantly in it's 69 year history, from gritty realism to the campy 1960s portrayal in the television serial and comics. This is a fitting and welcome movie adaption that many fans have welcomed with its brilliant portrayal of The Joker by the late Heath Ledger and since the ridiculed movie of 1997 which i really can't be bothered to utter it's name.

The hype? I went to see it last Tuesday -sold out. I made another attempt last Thursday -sold out. Last night my friend suggested we go early. We tried to see a 6:00 showing and that too was sold out. With the movie running in three theaters, the earliest we were able to get tickets for was the 8:00 show.

The movie was amazing. There was not one thing you needed to know about Batman in order to "get" this movie. I hate to jump on the bandwagon but Ledger was impressive in his ability to being the true psychosis of a 68 year old character to life and deserves whatever accolades they bestow upon him.

The movie was brilliant.

The hype? I went to see it last Tuesday -sold out. I made another attempt last Thursday -sold out. Last night my friend suggested we go early. We tried to see a 6:00 showing and that too was sold out. With the movie running in three theaters, the earliest we were able to get tickets for was the 8:00 show.

The movie was amazing. There was not one thing you needed to know about Batman in order to "get" this movie. I hate to jump on the bandwagon but Ledger was impressive in his ability to being the true psychosis of a 68 year old character to life and deserves whatever accolades they bestow upon him.

The movie was brilliant.

I think it be hard to find anyone (that is into comics) that doesn't like this movie.

Science des rêves, La (2006)

Director:

Michel Gondry

Writer:

Michel Gondry (written by)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0354899/

tagline: Close your eyes. Open your heart.

science-1.jpg

quotes: Stephane: [Stephane covering his face with the pillow] Because everyone else is boring. And because you’re different.

Should have been more enchanting then it was, mixing the bitter sweet romance and rather childlike imagination of the protagonist Stéphane (Gael García Bernal) was unusual , his dreams that confused reality and how he interacted with people was like retro European stop motion animation. When he does face reality, he is often inappropriate with his words and can’t socially interact, but when he is allowed to be playful and imaginative he can communicate with Stéphanie (Charlotte Gainsbourg).

science.jpg

An interesting film, often very sweet in it’s nature, like Gondry’s earlier work, (not that I am a big fan of Eternal sunshine). Gael García Bernal works well in his role, but Charlotte Gainsbourg is fairly mono tone in her approach to the part she is playing.

All his co workers at the calendar designing office are very eccentric (or is that in his dreams?) and add to the playful themes of the film. But often I didn’t know where the story was heading and I lost some interest in it’s narrative.

thescienceofsleep1.jpg

Last edited:

^ Corny, I've been debating renting that one for awhile, but my inner voice always tells me to skip it. You've confirmed. :) I really, really liked Eternal Sunshine and figured this was similar but couldn't possibly match up.

I was waiting for your review, Mr. Blaze. :)

The last film I saw was the Dark Knight. It is even better than they say it is. If you see it, look out for the Joker's 'Magic trick'. :)

The new X-Files movie. If you haven't seen it, prepare yourself to be disappointed. I wish they'd never made it. The last film was great, it's a tragedy to leave the franchise with such a mediocre offering, it had great potential, but didn't deliver. The series lost it's waqy around season six, but for at least five years it was about the most brilliant thing on television. Oh well, it inspired me to crack open my box sets and rediscover why i loved this show so much, i encourage anyone else to do the same. Seasons 1-5 were PERFECTION.

xfiles.jpg

The Truth is Out There

I think it be hard to find anyone (that is into comics) that doesn't like this movie.

Science des rêves, La (2006)

Director:

Michel Gondry

Writer:

Michel Gondry (written by)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0354899/

tagline: Close your eyes. Open your heart.

science-1.jpg

quotes: Stephane: [Stephane covering his face with the pillow] Because everyone else is boring. And because you’re different.

Should have been more enchanting then it was, mixing the bitter sweet romance and rather childlike imagination of the protagonist Stéphane (Gael García Bernal) was unusual , his dreams that confused reality and how he interacted with people was like retro European stop motion animation. When he does face reality, he is often inappropriate with his words and can’t socially interact, but when he is allowed to be playful and imaginative he can communicate with Stéphanie (Charlotte Gainsbourg).

science.jpg

An interesting film, often very sweet in it’s nature, like Gondry’s earlier work, (not that I am a big fan of Eternal sunshine). Gael García Bernal works well in his role, but Charlotte Gainsbourg is fairly mono tone in her approach to the part she is playing.

All his co workers at the calendar designing office are very eccentric (or is that in his dreams?) and add to the playful themes of the film. But often I didn’t know where the story was heading and I lost some interest in it’s narrative.

thescienceofsleep1.jpg

Couldn't agree with you more. Lovely review.

Also, did you notice The Smiths flat on Bernal's bedroom wall? :D

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay

HAROLDANDKUMAR2.jpg

it was seriously hilarious. full of LOL. I highly recommend it. :D

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom