"The world won't listen" - statement from Morrissey at true-to-you.net

Re: The world won't listen - statement from Morrissey at true-to-you

People in power never give up power. Look at Assad - if you must; his dingbat wife continuing to smile and wave, wrapped in Fendi, as the people of Syria disappear into dust. It is the same shame that the British utilized whilst claiming ownership of the Malvinas by shooting anyone who stood in their way. How very brave. Imagine if Taiwan claimed the Isle of Wight. Yes, it is that silly. The Queen is conveniently said to have no political power, yet it would be impossible to imagine her government disagreeing with her if she elected to return the Malvinas to the Argentinian people, and although David Cameron is gung-ho ready to see more British and Argentinian boys die in battle for this odd bit of turf, he cannot see the richer intellect in simply returning the islands to their rightful owners. Yet Cameron is haughtily aghast when people run riot on the streets of Coventry stealing hair-dryers worth ten pounds. Outrage!
What is never considered is how the occupants of the Malvinas (who want to bask in the south seas whilst also having the benefit of the NHS, and who number only about 2,500) are quite satisfied to sit back and watch service personnel die defending their post box. Has such selfishness ever been known? What makes it all worth it?

Thank you to Russell Brand for standing up and speaking out in recent weeks. Like anyone who speaks out in modern Britain, he has been shot down. Nothing must interfere with the depressive psychosis of modern Britain, which has become a most violent and melancholic country, with no space for measured debate. Like Russell, I believe that the most powerful vote you can give is No Vote; for the days of Prime Ministers have gone, and it's time for a form of change that is far more meaningful than simply switching blue to red. The print media will only support people who do not matter and who are incapable of instigating thought - David 'rent-a-smile' Beckham; his wife - famous for having nothing to do; the dum dum dummies of the Katie Price set; the overweight Jamie 'Orrible, who tells us all how to eat correctly.
At what point did the dis-United Kingdom become a cabbagehead nation? Where is the rich intellect of debate? Where is our Maya Angelou, our James Baldwin, our Allen Ginsberg, our Anthony Burgess, our political and social reformers? At what point did the shatterbrained scatterbrains take over - with all leading British politicians suddenly looking like extras from Brideshead Revisited? Although it is clear to assess the Addams Family of SW1X as the utterly useless and embarrassing ambassadors of a sinking England, how can we effect change without being tear-gassed? In the absence of democracy, there is no way.

I write this without outburst; a staunch non-terrorist, quietly, calmly and composedly, as I mourn the loss of the land.

Morrissey
16 November 2013.

I didn't make it through as much of that as I did through the book. I think Morrissey has serious credibility issues and it's basically "old man yells at cloud" every time.
Old-Man-Yells-At-Cloud-the-simpsons-7414384-265-199.gif

I find it disturbing how filled with hatred people are because one woman shot one lion.

What she did was disgusting, but it's ridiculous that the whole Internet has attacked her for this. People see thousands of others saying that this woman should be murdered, and then they start repeating it. At the same time, these same people have no problem supporting things like the meat industry. Torturing 60 billion animals on factory farms every year is a much greater crime than shooting one animal, period. What a bunch of hypocritical bullies.

"Most of the world didn't notice the release of your book.
You did though" You did though :thumb:

Actually, I only noticed it 5 minutes before I read the post I replied to. I had no idea a Morrissey memoir had been released before yesterday and I certainly have not purchased and/or read it.

Morrissey has adopted a very hypocritical vegetarian ideology primarily to use it as a cover to spew hatred at whomever but then claim he has some sort of high moral ground because his targets eat chicken, or fish, or hamburgers, and they are supposedly wicked murderers for it. Talk about someone being a dingbat. Morrissey is a good singer/songwriter, but outside of that he's about as dumb a man as you'll ever encounter. But mostly what is revealed is that Morrissey is someone consumed with a lot of hate. And he's not a happy person. He is a barely functional person the moment he steps off a stage. This is a man who stupidly called the entire Chinese population on this planet a "subspecies". Talk about an airhead. And in another rant on that obsessive nutter Julia's web site he stated that he admires people who send mail bombs to the family residences of scientists working on treatments for AIDS and cancer. STUPID and IMMORAL man. He's no one to go on about others. He needs to check his own head.

Actually, I only noticed it 5 minutes before I read the post I replied to. I had no idea a Morrissey memoir had been released before yesterday and I certainly have not purchased and/or read it.

Morrissey has adopted a very hypocritical vegetarian ideology primarily to use it as a cover to spew hatred at whomever but then claim he has some sort of high moral ground because his targets eat chicken, or fish, or hamburgers, and they are supposedly wicked murderers for it. Talk about someone being a dingbat. Morrissey is a good singer/songwriter, but outside of that he's about as dumb a man as you'll ever encounter. But mostly what is revealed is that Morrissey is someone consumed with a lot of hate. And he's not a happy person. He is a barely functional person the moment he steps off a stage. This is a man who stupidly called the entire Chinese population on this planet a "subspecies". Talk about an airhead. And in another rant on that obsessive nutter Julia's web site he stated that he admires people who send mail bombs to the family residences of scientists working on treatments for AIDS and cancer. STUPID and IMMORAL man. He's no one to go on about others. He needs to check his own head.

It's very easy to nit pick things that any person says and use those things against them, the only people you can't do this with are people that say nothing.

Is he the dingbat or does he have an intolerance of dingbats? All depends on your view of cruelty to animals I guess.

Last edited:
It's very easy to nit pick things that any person says and use those things against them, the only people you can't do this with are people that say nothing.

Is he the dingbat or does he have an intolerance of dingbats? All depends on your view of cruelty to animals I guess.

Well, you don't need to be a moral paragon to be against animal cruelty. You just have to not be a sociopath. I'd shoot a lion if it was about to attack me though, and I think most people would, but for sport? It is disgusting. She should be made to eat it. All of it.

Going back to that other endangered species many would pay to shoot, Morrissey, I don't see how his central point is served by encompassing it in another bland rant against the usual suspects. The sheer venom tells you far more about the delicate mental state of the author than it says about his targets. If you extracted the Royals and the others celebs from the piece it would be a third of the length, to the point, and his complete inability to punctuate would be less irritating.

I have no idea what David Beckham has done to prompt Morrissey's ire. Victoria, perhaps would be understandable, but David is pretty inoffensive put alongside the gamut of very average multi-millionaire success stories of the last couple of decades. I don't like the guy particularly, but he's hard to out and out hate.

Why is Kanye West off the agenda, or Robbie Williams? Both have faces you could slap all day.

Morrissey could be a valuable advocate for animal rights, if he can get away from giving the impression the rights of Morrissey are actually far more important to him. At the moment his statements scream "look at me" more than anything else. Morrissey complains about his school days and how badly he was treated. If he was giving in work that poor he got off lightly.

as ever beatifully erudite, alas his questions will only, as always, attract the scorn of the knuckle draggers.
there can be no answers or the country would crumble from the top down.

Well, you don't need to be a moral paragon to be against animal cruelty. You just have to not be a sociopath. I'd shoot a lion if it was about to attack me though, and I think most people would, but for sport? It is disgusting. She should be made to eat it. All of it.

Going back to that other endangered species many would pay to shoot, Morrissey, I don't see how his central point is served by encompassing it in another bland rant against the usual suspects. The sheer venom tells you far more about the delicate mental state of the author than it says about his targets. If you extracted the Royals and the others celebs from the piece it would be a third of the length, to the point, and his complete inability to punctuate would be less irritating.

I have no idea what David Beckham has done to prompt Morrissey's ire. Victoria, perhaps would be understandable, but David is pretty inoffensive put alongside the gamut of very average multi-millionaire success stories of the last couple of decades. I don't like the guy particularly, but he's hard to out and out hate.

Why is Kanye West off the agenda, or Robbie Williams? Both have faces you could slap all day.

Morrissey could be a valuable advocate for animal rights, if he can get away from giving the impression the rights of Morrissey are actually far more important to him. At the moment his statements scream "look at me" more than anything else. Morrissey complains about his school days and how badly he was treated. If he was giving in work that poor he got off lightly.

There was a point to your first paragraph. If you'd tagged the rest of your post into the first paragraph Morrissey style it wouldn't have been so noticeable as the big load of bollocks it is.

Quoted for irony.

Re: Article: "The world won't listen" - statement from Morrissey at true-to-you.net

Quoted for irony.

"Un sot trouve toujours un plus sot qui l'admire." - Nicolas Boileau-Despréaux.

Quoted because it neatly sums up your relationship with Morrissey.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a point to your first paragraph. If you'd tagged the rest of your post into the first paragraph Morrissey style it wouldn't have been so noticeable as the big load of bollocks it is.

That is almost as poorly constructed as Morrissey's tirade. Well done!

Re: Article: "The world won't listen" - statement from Morrissey at true-to-you.net

"Un sot trouve toujours un plus sot qui l'admire." - Nicolas Boileau-Despréaux.

Quoted because it neatly sums up your relationship with Morrissey.

- - - Updated - - -

That is almost as poorly constructed as Morrissey's tirade. Well done!

You can construct your sentences however you like Barleycorn, they'll still be the musings of an establishment pisswit.

It takes some doing to reach the twat levels of the likes of Osbourne, Gove and Cameron but you're making a damn good fist of it.

I find it disturbing how filled with hatred people are because one woman shot one lion.

What she did was disgusting, but it's ridiculous that the whole Internet has attacked her for this. People see thousands of others saying that this woman should be murdered, and then they start repeating it. At the same time, these same people have no problem supporting things like the meat industry. Torturing 60 billion animals on factory farms every year is a much greater crime than shooting one animal, period. What a bunch of hypocritical bullies.

The real bully is the one with the gun who has no regard for an already endangered species. Melissa Bachman is a typical animal hating republican. I didn’t vote for her and I never liked her even before I knew of this.

I was all for this until you misquoted the Chinese thing. He was not talking about people of Chinese origin but about the practices, very specifically, of the society of contemporary China that would allow the sorts of abuse that we have the good taste to perform behind closed doors in our civilized country. Picking out any country and saying that they mistreat animals really is f***ing dumb, though. And when he tosses around words that remind people of Hitler, I don't blame you for not wanting to sort it all out.
I think Morrissey does not realize that his xenophobic views about immigration are racist. Maybe that goes to support your idea that he's an airhead and barely functional offstage. As far as saying he admires bombers, i have this friend who is a 70 year old gay man and he says things like that. It's designed for effect. Morrissey could have his own army of ALF soldiers if he truly admired that. He doesn't want to get his hands dirty, though. He's just talking shit. If I was getting ready to go bomb something and Morrissey was in the paper wearing one of those f***ing suits he used to wear saying how he admired me, I would realize I'd made some poor life choices.

liar liar pants on fire, unless that was your first visit to this site you knew about the book alright, so stop telling porkies and stop trying to be barleyfarts

liar liar pants on fire, unless that was your first visit to this site you knew about the book alright, so stop telling porkies and stop trying to be barleyfarts

You're only 102 posts in...It isn't too late to create an 'Irish blood, Polack brain' username.

"the whole Internet"? Hahaa hahahaahahaa hahahaa hahahahaahahaa hahahaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha...

hahahaaaaaahaahaahahaha...hah hah hahaaaaaaaaah!

but you do have a point.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom