Thom Rylance of Lottery Winners posts Morrissey photo backstage on his Facebook/Instagram (December 31, 2023)

FB_IMG_1704050847896.jpg

Screenshot_20231231-192713.png

Further to X earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right ? These were exactly my first thoughts. Much like in Fiona Dodwell’s article, it seems that even those trying to praise Morrissey end up creating this weird narrative of a misunderstood, tortured artist, almost like they’re saying sorry for bringing him up in the first place.
These mediatic praises just seem a bit shallow to me — they’re almost always the same…
Unfortunately a new band without a catalogue of great albums and singles, especially thirty plus years worth and when you could really make money doing music will probably have to qualify liking the man with such a statement to stay in with 'the man' so to speak

I’m not saying it’s not water! I’m just saying it’s not conclusive proof. It could be any clear liquid.

Actually seeing as it’s a black and white photo it could be literally anything.

I’m not saying it’s not water! I’m just saying it’s not conclusive proof. It could be any clear liquid.

Actually seeing as it’s a black and white photo it could be literally anything.
Yeah… must’ve replaced the water with some spirit, true balkan style :lbf:

Balkan style? I was doing it on the LNER on the way to Nottingham last year.
It’s a tradition in Eastern European countries to store alcohol in big water bottles for long periods of time — it then becomes a running gag among many households to not accidentally mistake the terribly tasting family-alcohol for water, therefore the ambiguity… it’s what I instantly thought of at first glance :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom