What do you think should be the next YOR single?

"Something Is Squeezing My Skull" and/or "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell"

I liked On the Streets -- one of Jesse's better tracks (on the Jesse-adjusted scale). Sorry has easily usurped it for me, though.

Why don't more people think Carol is a potential single? It's a blast and would catch people's attention over the airwaves.

Wow so there's 2 people that liked "On the streets I Ran"? You and me Swallow :) One Day Goodbye will be Farewell kinda reminds me of On the streets.

When Last I Spoke to Carol. It's so exuberant. I've actually danced to it. In the kitchen. Not in public, obviously.

according to this ad in the dallas observer (dated 02/19-02/25/2009),
YOR includes the singles: I'm throwing my arms around Paris & Black Cloud.
dallasad.jpg

ZOOMED:
dallasad1.jpg

I would prefer Mamma as the next single,
but I don't mind Black Cloud, I think its definately more radio friendly, and probably a better single. Unfortunately, singles are made to appeal and make sales so, whatever works.

Im in the "it's all about the b-sides" camp, but i think it goes abit further than that.

Quality and interesting artwork, a bit more airplay, b-sides, good format-wise and a more recent addition - availability all count towards the single being a good release. IMO the last two have been brilliant.

All You Need Is Me - Children In Pieces/My Dearest Love

Throwing My Arms.. - Because Of My Poor Education/Shame Is The Name

Lets hope he keeps it up

Not to mention Teresa, Teresa, When I Was Young, I Was Bully Do Not Forget Me, and I'm Looking Forward to Going Back.

Action Man probably has an uphill battle. According to Boz, it was an RotT outtake.

Cheers,
Jamie

Yes thx for posting those titles. Saves me having to search threads. Damn that's bad news about Action Man. I had no idea it was a ROTT outtake?

dallasad.jpg

ZOOMED:
dallasad1.jpg

That same ad is in this weeks NYC Village Voice. It got me wondering as well. Only thing is that the single was listed as, "I'm Throwing My Arms Around You" so I thought to myself, how credible can it be?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
That same ad is in this weeks NYC Village Voice. It got me wondering as well. Only thing is that the single was listed as, "I'm Throwing My Arms Around You" so I thought to myself, how credible can it be?:rolleyes:

the fonts match is all i can say about this one.

ads like these are usually "camera ready" ads that are built by the designers
that work for the label/PR - not usually built by the people who run the ads.

here's the ad you mentioned from this week's village voice:
aroundyou.jpg

it looks like someone had to add the text to it and yeah, goofed.

but still mentioned Black Cloud. :)

Bearing this in mind, I'd like to raise again the similarity of the intro of Black Cloud to that of Ghost Dance by Death Cult (Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy's band between Southern Death Cult and The Cult).

Peter

Bearing this in mind, I'd like to raise again the similarity of the intro of Black Cloud to that of Ghost Dance by Death Cult (Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy's band between Southern Death Cult and The Cult).

Peter

how about it being the same chord sequence as Do Your Best And Don't Worry?

A F G and E

how about it being the same chord sequence as Do Your Best And Don't Worry?

A F G and E

Very possibly. I meant the picked intro more than the chords - however, the Am at the start of Black Cloud can be added to with the little finger on the B and E strings to give the exact intro. Then, as you say, F and G.

Then the bit that goes "(and) I can woo you" has C-->D-->F-->E7 (or Em?)-->Am-->C-->D-->E7 (or Em).

Peter

Very possibly. I meant the picked intro more than the chords - however, the Am at the start of Black Cloud can be added to with the little finger on the B and E strings to give the exact intro. Then, as you say, F and G.

Then the bit that goes "(and) I can woo you" has C-->D-->F-->E7 (or Em?)-->Am-->C-->D-->E7 (or Em).

Peter

sorry, i meant Am.

but even that second part is similar too.

or was when i first heard it.

here's the ad you mentioned from this week's village voice:
aroundyou.jpg

it looks like someone had to add the text to it and yeah, goofed.

but still mentioned Black Cloud. :)

Yes, that is the ad. I have collected a few copies, if you need one just let me know!!:)

They make it look like you can actually get tickets for Bowery Ballroom, lol.:rolleyes:

dallasad.jpg

ZOOMED:
dallasad1.jpg

I did search a bit on google, and I found two websites stating:

Morrissey signed with Lost Highway to release his next album Years of Refusal Stateside. Refusal is due out February 17th, with a single “Black Cloud” out February 2nd. The former Smiths singer will also tour the U.S.
1#source

and this one (translated with translate.google.com)
Morrissey record label, Lost Highway Records and signed it. 2009 February 17, the day's new album Years Of Refusal, it will be released, February 2, the single "Black Cloud" will be released. (Limited national release date is February 11.2#source

When did they change their mind? Was Black Cloud scheduled to be the first single release from YOR?

Back
Top Bottom