What should be YOR's second single?

Something Is Squeezing My Skull. Followed by One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell or Sorry Doesn't Help (I can't help it, I like it).

You are spot on here plus plus plus plus plus plus.

I am really finding Sorry is really rocking and has been in my head all day. Another great showcase for Matt Walker. I also like the Roger Manning parts. The intro guitars remind me of a song called Safe Surfer by Julian Cope.

Surely "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore" has got to be the number 1 single that Morrissey deserves after all these years.

Definitely Something is Squeezing My Skull. It's such a fun radio-friendly song. I'm sure that if it had been the first single, and it had been given a big push with a proper music video and everything, then it would have been a hit.

Definitely "Something is Squeezing my Skull". It probably should have been the first single.

If he goes for a third and fourth single, he should be brave with them, since they never seem to sell well.

I'd go for an edited "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore" for 3, and "When Last I Spoke to Carol" as 4.

Surely "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore" has got to be the number 1 single that Morrissey deserves after all these years.

absolutley!!

A slow paced 5 minute song with the lyrics syrupy is not going to get to number 1.. at least not a Morrissey song.

Skull or Black Cloud, I think. I'd love it to be Riverbed, though.

Another vote for 'Skull' - it's so peppy and single-y. I would love to see 'Carol' reach the masses too!

Something Is Squeezing My Skull.

It's Not Your Birthday Anymore. It's just a beautiful song, very dramatic, memorable. All those pace changes... wonderful.

Oh, and I think I'm supposed to add one of these things: :guitar:

Apparently, they're quite the thing.

2 - Black Cloud
3 - Carol
4 - Birthday

I think "Skull" could make an impact on the charts. Nothing on this album is a number 1 (IMO), which is fine. I'm thinking we are going to get "Skull" and "One Day Goodbye" will be shoved down our throats as the album's final single.

Or in fact it's fourth...

Apart from the 3 singles already released off it, I don't hear anything truly radio-friendly on there. I suppose they will release another single in April, but I can't see it getting a lot of radio-airplay.

The next single should be "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore"

And then, "Sorry Doesn't Help".

Those two would give him the biggest chances at hits.

The people would embrace both those songs if they got airplay.

But sadly they won't get played on commercial radio in the USA.....

(It's a conspiracy....)

Last edited:
I reckon he shall release Black Cloud, personally I don't care so long as it isn;t One Day Goodbye Shall Be Farewell.

Love PTxx.

Funny, I'm actually starting to like that song :)

But as for Skull me don't think so, no no. That "Please don't gimme anymore!" line drives me mad!

Back
Top Bottom