What do you think should be the next YOR single?

I did search a bit on google, and I found two websites stating:

Morrissey signed with Lost Highway to release his next album Years of Refusal Stateside. Refusal is due out February 17th, with a single “Black Cloud” out February 2nd. The former Smiths singer will also tour the U.S.
1#source

and this one (translated with translate.google.com)
Morrissey record label, Lost Highway Records and signed it. 2009 February 17, the day's new album Years Of Refusal, it will be released, February 2, the single "Black Cloud" will be released. (Limited national release date is February 11.2#source

When did they change their mind? Was Black Cloud scheduled to be the first single release from YOR?

interesting....

DRUG.

When did they change their mind? Was Black Cloud scheduled to be the first single release from YOR?

i wonder if it really was meant to be.
maybe when it was time to film the video, both were filmed but paris was chosen at that time as the lead single.
maybe the video was filmed on the same say as paris.
like how boy racer and dagenham dave were shot on the same day.

i'm drunk, btw, so i'm rambling.

"Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed" has risen to my new fave of the album, and would make a nice single. "bailiffs with bad breath....i will slit their throats for you........" So romantic.

Really, though, you can take your pick, cuz there's no filler on this album.

"Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed" has risen to my new fave of the album, and would make a nice single. "bailiffs with bad breath....i will slit their throats for you........" So romantic.

Really, though, you can take your pick, cuz there's no filler on this album.

This really has become one of my favorite Morrissey songs lately. I can listen to Mama over and over again during my break at work. Carol and Skull too. Many non-fans have gone ape-crud over Carol at the bars I've frequented as well, so I think that should be the next single.

This really has become one of my favorite Morrissey songs lately. I can listen to Mama over and over again during my break at work. Carol and Skull too. Many non-fans have gone ape-crud over Carol at the bars I've frequented as well, so I think that should be the next single.

"Carol" was my fave when I first heard the album, and is still up near the top.

But tonight, after playing "Mama" 6 or 7 times, I can't stop playing "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell" over and over and over.

The next single...

Iv'e not seen anything on this site or TTY or the off. home page or m/s but I have it on reliable authroity that the next single is going to be...

SOMETHING IS SQUEEZING MY SKULL!!!

Yeah! That's an exclusive from Mclenarr!!!

black cloud strikes again, in the LA WEEKLY ad from 2/20/2009:
laweeklyad.jpg

Are we expecting another single?

Given that 3 tracks have already had single release, all doing quite poorly, are we expecting another?

Re: Are we expecting another single?

Given that 3 tracks have already had single release, all doing quite poorly, are we expecting another?

i don't see THPGU and AYNIM as singles from this album.

We all agree that Skull is a great track but I think that there are other gems there which could be singles: It's not your birthday, I'm OK by myself and Mama...Black cloud will be next
Cheers Moz

Next single?

Still no news on the next single? Can't wait for some more b-sides as YOR is already collecting dust..

Back
Top Bottom