What has happened to Morrissey's book?

He was a couple of chapters away from completing it in 2004. Haven't heard anything since then - wonder what the hold up is? Maybe he's still looking around for a publisher.

Apparently he got a $4m (or was it $11m?) deal from Penguin.
I always thought he'd release it to co-incide with Ringleader... but maybe we have a treat in store next year [PPPLMGWIW]

Wow, imagine all the insights we will get straight from the horse's mouth. That sounds like a wonderful thing. I hope, like you say Mada, it does happy next year (or this year, that'd be better :)).

it would be very nice to hear his life by his own words...but If he writes his biography just like he wrote to his penpal in the early 80's it would be the bomb

I heard that he was having difficulty with it because of the amount injunctions that would be taken out on it....

JIM

I've been waiting for this, too. There was also Morrissey's book on Johnny Thunders, which Bono praised at an awards ceremony a couple of years ago.

On a tangent, there was the speculation that Pete Burns autobiography would have (salacious) mentions of Morrissey. I think the book was released, but I never heard a peep. I guess that never came to pass?

If it is released, I just hope Morrissey doesn't pull an Olivier and refrain from posting juicy details (and names!) due to the publisher's advice.
What's an auto-biography without some shock value?

Someone mentioned $4 - $11million book deal for Moz.....that's a whole lot of money...for that amount he better come "out" clean about his sex life.....I wanna know the whole story, in fact....I demand it! ;)

He denied the story about Penguin in a recent interview. He said he hadn't approached a publisher and none had approached him and it was a story invented by journalists.

Jones said:
He denied the story about Penguin in a recent interview. He said he hadn't approached a publisher and none had approached him and it was a story invented by journalists.

Did he just deny the publishing bit or did he deny that he'd written/started writing an autobiography?

I would really love to hear Morrissey's interpretation of the past few decades. Sounds great!

i read in an interview this year that he's still writing it, and that it will last for a long time though till it's done.

I think I would be happier with his autobiography when he's dead. It may sound harsh, but then his whole life can be written, and I have the feeling that there's so much more going to happen after this!

wolve said:
i read in an interview this year that he's still writing it, and that it will last for a long time though till it's done.
I was under this impression as well.

Dupree said:
Did he just deny the publishing bit or did he deny that he'd written/started writing an autobiography?

I would really love to hear Morrissey's interpretation of the past few decades. Sounds great!

He just denied that he'd signed with a publisher. I think there was a story in the press about him demanding more money from Penguin and he was pissed of with another story about him throwing his toys out of the pram.

He confirmed he was writing it but said it was difficult to do when he had no fixed abode.

King Leer said:
On a tangent, there was the speculation that Pete Burns autobiography would have (salacious) mentions of Morrissey. I think the book was released, but I never heard a peep. I guess that never came to pass?

Morrissey is barely mentioned in the book, just a brief line or two apparently.

Rushes said:
He was a couple of chapters away from completing it in 2004.

I saw the show where he said that, but I thought it was his graveyard humour, that "a couple of chapters" ment "a couple of years until I'm dead" :rolleyes: Or at least "while I'm in the public eye"

no way. i never heard this rumour about an autobiography and if he does do it, well he's moz and he'll probably fill 500 pages without giving away a thing. it will frustrate everyone and i will sit back and smile a very knowing grin. :D

In a way I hope so. I'd love to read it, but at the same time I hope he'll preserve "the Mystery of Morrissey" (hmm? good title? oh never mind!)
Had the same feeling after I read Johnny Rogans book. A little bit of The Smiths mystery was lost with that, I think

Back
Top Bottom