Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

A vegan, anti-west cultural Muslim ? Mister Aubrey, you are a man of mystique !

Though, what do you mean by patriarchy ? Is Keith Richards haram ? I must know !!!

Nietzsche, unfortunately, was very pro-natalist and pro-patriarchy:

How can a woman be cured, "saved," in fact? Give her a child! A woman needs children, man is always only a means, thus spake Zarathustra. "The emancipation of women"—this is the instinctive hatred of physiologically botched—that is to say, barren—women for those of their sisters who are well constituted: the fight against "man" is always only a means, a pretext, a piece of strategy. By trying to rise to "Woman per se," to "Higher Woman," to the "Ideal Woman," all they wish to do is to lower the general level of women's rank: and there are no more certain means to this end than university education, trousers, and the rights of voting cattle.​

No wonder he admired Islamic machismo. Personally I declare Islamic machismo haram. Keith Richards, like the rest of the Rolling Stones, is haram post-1980, but before that, especially in the glory years of 1964-72, he is completely halal.

Perfectly fine to lament it. Things always change. It's not perfectly fine to blame it on The Great Replacement Theory.

I wasn't comparing it directly to Tim Booth (I am no expert with him or his band at all). I just find the lyric elitism super strange, that happens nearly every time someone else or god forbid Johnny Marr does anything and is - even worse! - successful in any way with it. As if the lyrics are the only thing people enjoy on a song. I am totally on the "lyrics should mean something" - side of things, hence a huge Smiths and earlier Morrissey fan, but the lyrics of late Morrissey (and I mean this is going on for years already) are a complete JOKE compared to his earlier work. The quality is absolutely declining and this elitism in regard to his lyrics doesn't stand the test of time anymore. But for people like you Morrissey could just sing the ABC and you would praise him for his genius, whereas other people would get mocked for being simple. Get some perspective.

I find this type of reply extremely offensive. But don’t worry, I’m used to being denigrated and insulted on this site.

Please show me, by quoting from the specific words I typed in my original post, which statement you believe I made has “no perspective.”

Then please remind me, who brought Morrissey into this thread at all? And who is the person who decided to open a discussion by trying to make a comparison in the first place? Oh wait, that was you.

Then please remind me, who followed up a comparison they introduced themselves, by stating they don’t even know anything about Tim Booth?

Oh, yes. Of course. That was still you.

So! Let me get this straight. This thread was not about Morrissey. You’re the one that introduced Morrissey into this thread. You then stated that you’ve done so NOT because you have any basis on which to make any kind of intelligent or insightful comment or comparison on what you think of Johnny Marr OR Tim Booth - who are the only subjects of this thread. You did so only to say what you dislike about Morrissey, who again, was not even the subject of this thread.

And then you write an insulting and condescending, retort to ME; someone who made an objective and on topic comment based on statements of fact.

Yes, this exchange with you isn’t a total waste of my time at all. 🙄

I find this type of reply extremely offensive. But don’t worry, I’m used to being denigrated and insulted on this site.

Please show me, by quoting from the specific words I typed in my original post, which statement you believe I made has “no perspective.”

Then please remind me, who brought Morrissey into this thread at all? And who is the person who decided to open a discussion by trying to make a comparison in the first place? Oh wait, that was you.

Then please remind me, who followed up a comparison they introduced themselves, by stating they don’t even know anything about Tim Booth?

So! Let me get this straight. This thread was not about Morrissey. You’re the one that introduced Morrissey into this thread. You then stated that you’ve done so NOT because you have any basis on which to make any kind of intelligent or insightful comment or comparison on what you think of Johnny Marr OR Tim Booth - who are the only subjects of this thread. You did so only to say what you dislike about Morrissey, who again, was not even the subject of this thread.

And then you write an insulting and condescending, retort to ME; someone who made an objective and on topic comment based on statements of fact.

If you're going to come on this thread and start throwing insults around and then get triggered by the response, that's on you.

You always make me laugh with your long pseudo witty snark posts, because you are so easily triggered and your reply was exactly what I expected🤣 I'm really not interested to react to that, sorry. I said what I said and explained it. End of story.

You always make me laugh with your long pseudo witty snark posts, because you are so easily triggered and your reply was exactly what I expected🤣 I'm really not interested to react to that, sorry. I said what I said and explained it. End of story.

Yep, Scanty is a really bitter individual about some bands or artists for some reason. Ketamine/Zoom and Scanty/Vesper are so similar with their posts it's as if they're the same person.

Last edited:
Yep, Scanty is a really bitter individual about some bands or artists for some reason. Ketamine/Zoom and Scanty/Vesper are so similar with their posts it's as if they're the same person.

Yes, and your posts can’t be mistaken for anyone else’s on here. And we thank the gods for that!

I swear, every time I stumble upon a huge paragraph like that, it feels like I’m the one being scolded through the screen by multiple clones of my English teacher :lbf:

Yes, and your posts can’t be mistaken for anyone else’s on here. And we thank the gods for that!
Personally, I think this site would fare well with a few more people like Surface.

If only I could say that you ever make me laugh, but alas! I think you may need the rest of this millennium to work on that :( What would even make you think however, that you can say something, and then that’s it! No one should respond! It’s “end of story”? Now that’s funny!

Yes, don’t respond. 🙄. And if you’re not interested “to react to that” (but i thought you weren’t responding?? :confused: :confused::confused: then don’t @ people to slap them across the face with condescending and rude “people like you” insults. You will likely get a more neutral response as a result. So you should try it.

Would you like to keep going with this? I have all day today.

Back
Top Bottom