See exactly where TQID's Salford Lads Club pic was taken

I found this entirely by accident--it's a Google Maps site where users can browse (and submit) the exact locations where various album covers were shot. So far, the only Smiths/Morrissey entry is The Queen Is Dead, but maybe we can help them out and add a few more--e.g. Strangeways, the Rank inner spread, "Tomorrow", "Redondo Beach", etc. Rather entertaining.

This reminds me that I've often thought about whether we can put together a Google Maps tour of the Manchester & London sites that Phill outlines in his books, complete with user-submitted photos of the locations.

I found this entirely by accident--it's a Google Maps site where users can browse (and submit) the exact locations where various album covers were shot. So far, the only Smiths/Morrissey entry is The Queen Is Dead, but maybe we can help them out and add a few more--e.g. Strangeways, the Rank inner spread, "Tomorrow", "Redondo Beach", etc. Rather entertaining.

This reminds me that I've often thought about whether we can put together a Google Maps tour of the Manchester & London sites that Phill outlines in his books, complete with user-submitted photos of the locations.

Great idea NRITH:) However, as I am computer illiterate, I dont know if it is possible.

Having done both the Manchester and the London 'Phill' tours, it would have been great to see other fans photo's beforehand.

Good spot about the album cover site aswell.

Not exactly an album cover, but I have a picture of myself standing on the corner of Reardon and Tench street from the mid nineties.

Not exactly an album cover, but I have a picture of myself standing on the corner of Reardon and Tench street from the mid nineties.

What's the significance of Reardon & Tench?

There are several pictures with Morrissey posing on the corner of Reardon/Trench. One appears on the inside sleeve of Bona Drag, another one can be found on a poster.

This corner can also be seen at the end of the "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" video, when the band is coming out of wall one after the other.

There are several pictures with Morrissey posing on the corner of Reardon/Trench. One appears on the inside sleeve of Bona Drag, another one can be found on a poster.

This corner can also be seen at the end of the "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" video, when the band is coming out of wall one after the other.

I didn't know that. Thanks.

Doesn't it have something to do with Morrissey's fixation on Cockney wideboys and gangsters? Or maybe an arch comment about Rupert Murdoch moving his ops to Wapping in the 80s? Doubtful!

^ there was a filmscene of sidney poitier`s "to sir ,with love" filmed there wasnt it?

Back
Top Bottom