The Salford Lads' Club open day

The Salford Lads' Club will have an open day on Sunday the 10th of August from 1pm to 4pm, as part of a Walk About arts project. More details will be posted on this thread nearer the time. You can even arrive by a special bus that is touring the area. Hmmm.

Please get in touch if you would like to volunteer to show Smiths apostles around the club?

The SLC will also be open on the 13th and 14th of September between 12pm and 4pm, for the annual Heritage open days.

Incidentally. Please get into the habit of clicking the link at the bottom of all my posts and vote for the SLC. Ta!

Shaun Ryder Shamelessly poses at 'that' doorway with his wee dog and poop bag:

The Salford Lads' Club will have an open day on Sunday the 10th of August from 1pm to 4pm, as part of a Walk About arts project. More details will be posted on this thread nearer the time. You can even arrive by a special bus that is touring the area. Hmmm.

Please get in touch if you would like to volunteer to show Smiths apostles around the club?

The SLC will also be open on the 13th and 14th of September between 12pm and 4pm, for the annual Heritage open days.

Incidentally. Please get into the habit of clicking the link at the bottom of all my posts and vote for the SLC. Ta!

Shaun Ryder Shamelessly poses at 'that' doorway with his wee dog and poop bag:

Hugh, hasn't the voting closed for the Icons?:confused:

Doesn't look like my bargain holiday for me and the kids will come off this year as the word 'bargain' has vanished this year from travel agents vocabulary.... so I should be OK to help out..... was hoping to have a holiday in the sun as of next weekend....:tears:

Jukebox Jury

Sunny and sticky at the moment

Hugh, hasn't the voting closed for the Icons?:confused:

Doesn't look like my bargain holiday for me and the kids will come off this year as the word 'bargain' has vanished this year from travel agents vocabulary.... so I should be OK to help out..... was hoping to have a holiday in the sun as of next weekend....:tears:

Jukebox Jury

You don't have to travel abroad because UK is having heatwave at the moment.
Don't forget to put on UV loation when you go out. :D

Re: Sunny and sticky at the moment

You don't have to travel abroad because UK is having heatwave at the moment.
Don't forget to put on UV loation when you go out. :D

Kewpie
Emphasis on ''at the moment''.

I need two weeks in the Med, a nice Greek Island, a Feta Cheese salad, crashed round the pool with a book in one hand, beer in the other and my kids enjoying themselves.......
But the prices are just way to expensive this year:tears:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:

Kewpie

I need two weeks in the Med, a nice Greek Island, a Feta Cheese salad and a beer, crashed round the pool with a book in one hand, beer in the other and my kids enjoying themselves.......

Jukebox Jury

Hmmm, you'd better start searching the bargain holiday now.

Weather forecast says the heatwave will remain in UK another week. ;)

Hmmm, you'd better start searching the bargain holiday now.

Weather forecast says the heatwave will remain in UK another week. ;)

I've been searching for two weeks now.... but the prices are going UP not down as the time comes nearer..... the days of last minute bargains have gone..... travel companies have merged, some have gone bust.... then there is the increase in the cost of fuel, the state of the ££££ against the Euro... blah blah blah - there are less places available for more people seeking them..... I'm currently looking at a caravan in Prestatyn......:(:tears:

JUkebox Jury

What is a heat wave for you? A high temp of 20ºC? :D ;)

Highest tempurture more than 25ºC for at least a week.

Tomorrow is expected to reach 29ºC in London.

If you travel by tube, don't forget to bring a bottle of water.

Last edited:

Highest tempurture 25ºC for at least a week.

Your weather report has just ruined my day :( I HATE this heat, despise & detest it, I couldn't bear another week of it :eek: :tears:

M23, can you tell us anything about the progress on repairs that have been made to the building? Is it completed or partially completed? I don't remember the website.

Just curious.

Kewpie

I need two weeks in the Med, a nice Greek Island, a Feta Cheese salad, crashed round the pool with a book in one hand, beer in the other and my kids enjoying themselves.......

Jukebox Jury

dont go to europe the euro is a rip off :angry:

your so sweet :sweet:

Btw I do not trust BBC weather at all, the website forecast heavy showers in my area for today and Tuesday. Not likely :(

weather in London

Btw I do not trust BBC weather at all, the website forecast heavy showers in my area for today and Tuesday. Not likely :(

Since 13th July we haven't had rain in London, desparately need some. :(

Re: weather in London

Since 13th July we haven't had rain in London, desparately need some. :(

I'm hoping for a thunderstorm, to get rid of the humidity :(

Wow 29! :eek: Nice temperature :p In fact, I was surprised first time I visited London, it was middle June of 2005 and weather was sunnier and hotter than in Spain in those days :D

Wow 29! :eek: Nice temperature :p In fact, I was surprised first time I visited London, it was middle June of 2005 and weather was sunnier and hotter than in Spain in those days :D

In 2003 we had really hot summer in London.

It's July and after sunset it cools down, not bad in London comparing with somewhere like Tokyo and Milan this time of the year. ;)

No Big Mouth Rides Again then this year??

London is 'ot at the moment but it is still full or idiots :(

this thread is getting a little judith chalmers..
haven't you tried camping it up?
reasonably good buy & all that...
anyway this is a thread about the salford lads club open day
www.salfordladsclub.org.uk
visit on the club on coronation street to see the newly refurbed boxing gym with lovely fireplace upstairs
the concert hall roof is tiled on the outside but still needs insulating on the inside
new kitchen &
stalwart favourite smiths room
can we request donations of smiths & morrissey stuff to auction to raise more cash
stuff like uncle skinny's louder than bombs book
or does he need a holiday too?
...whoops!
off-topic,goodbye & thank you

Back
Top Bottom