Accents

I love Polish accents, fickle bunch aren't we?
Oh and I can now do scouse (seeing an old post of mine) haha.

Hah! You'd hate mine, I sound terrible when speaking English :lbf:

Why?????? We all sound so flat and lifeless! Oh sorry, thats just me.
I have no idea why. Maybe because I'm Polish and it doesn't sound to me flat or lifeless at all. I simply love guys with English accent, could listen to for hours and to any words... :blushing: hehe

Polish is much prettier spoken than it looks on paper! We have a lot of newer Polish immigrants here in Chicago, so I hear it fairly often. Pretty accents in English, too. :)
See, we (foreign languages generally) think our own accents are weird but, people from other countries like it. That's good to know :)

Last edited:
I have a generic 'newsreader' Irish accent. Not even particular to any region. I'm comforted by the fact that I can do passable Australian and South African accents. :thumb: I like all accents, really, I'm too easily pleased.

I hate my accent (It's not that strong but still), and I know 100% of the British public do too :(

My chat up lines don't get the chance to fail, my accent kills them straight off:(

The accents that I love and find really sexy; Glaswegian, Geordie, Belfast ones and generic posh. Cork and Dublin ones too, infact anyone form there could read the phone book to me and I'd be theirs in a flash! ;)

So, what accents do you like/dislike?

I fackin lav my accent - sorted!

The UK is amazing for regional accents, just a short drive away and the accent is totally different.
As for certain Yorkshire accents i cringe when i hear it on TV, it's generally only on the news..Shannon Matthews case etc. I used to cover my ears when ever they interviewed one of the yocals. ..but then again that's Dewsbury for you.

I love most accents other than my own, not so taken by certain areas of the Midlands. Sorry.

The UK is amazing for regional accents, just a short drive away and the accent is totally different.
As for certain Yorkshire accents i cringe when i hear it on TV, it's generally only on the news..Shannon Matthews case etc. I used to cover my ears when ever they interviewed one of the yocals. ..but then again that's Dewsbury for you.

I love most accents other than my own, not so taken by certain areas of the Midlands. Sorry.

I *think* we have the same accent so (if I remember we live in neighbouring towns), what's so bad about it? :D

I *think* we have the same accent so (if I remember we live in neighbouring towns), what's so bad about it? :D

Ours are fine love, just those Yorkshire chavs.

The Spanish language spoken in a German accent makes for a real treat.

Far too graphic. It's an interesting contrast. Spanish, I fancy, is very flowery and feminine, whilst German, well, isn't.

Mmm not really, I think French is more flowery and feminine. But yes, compared to German I suppose most languages sound flowery and feminine :)

In which language did Franco and Hitler converse, I wonder.

Good point but I don't really care about it, I'm just glad they're both dead and gone :thumb:

On this subject, can anyone give me any tips on doing a passable Liverpool accent? I have an audition for my local youth theatre's production of Willy Russell's 'Stags and Hens' tomorrow.

I'm probably not the best person to go to to ask for a 'passable' accent of any variety (even my supposedly natural one), and I'm not much use at giving tips about accents anyway because I need to demonstrate accents to teach people them. However, there are a few good sites for listening to people speak that include voice clips. I had to do a Liverpudlian accent for 'Blood Brothers' at school, and I think I typed something like 'liverpudlian accent clips' into a search engine. If you try that and variations of it, you should find something. Break a leg tomorrow! :thumb:

Scottish (not really a fan of Dundee and Inverness accents though) and Irish and northern English (Yorkshire, et cetera).

Mine is just generic Londonspeak.

Back
Top Bottom