Crystal Palace Park, London & Millennium Square, Leeds shows announced - July 9 & 12 (Leeds support by The Slow Readers Club)

20230307_105632.jpg

Full advert:

morrisseyofficial-07032023-0001.jpg

Update (1PM, March 7):
Now a Morrissey Central post:
"The Happening"

Update (March 10, 2023):
Tickets did not go on sale today.
Gigs and Tours via Twitter stated:

Screenshot_20230310-210210~2.png

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Iggy Pop and Blondie are playing Crystal Palace Park on 1st July. It's a shame Moz wasn't on that bill too. Now that would have been a line up!

Well I'm going to melt in that July heat at Crystal Palace (yes I hate midsummer), but it's too close to home to not go. Already praying it doesn't get cancelled for some reason or another. Saw him in Brixton and Brighton last year and had a blast.

Looks like Iggy Pop and Blondie are playing Crystal Palace Park on 1st July. It's a shame Moz wasn't on that bill too. Now that would have been a line up!
Also Billy Idol with them (as part of Generation Sex supergroup). Fab lineup. James and Happy Mondays are booked there as well, more Manchester lads. It's funny because the other day I was just googling the venue and deciding between which of those 2 gigs to go see. Turns out I'm going to see neither and will be seeing Morrissey instead! Guess I'm lucky I hadn't bought the other tickets yet. 😂

Last Morrissey gig I was at in Leeds was ruined by drunken roustabouts.
Then again, London is where that Scottish swine stole my posters and t-shirt from under my seat as I merrily sang along.

Think I’ll go for London, the lesser of two evils.

Just had a message come through from O2 about priority tickets as I was writing this post.
42F04690-F025-414E-9665-5A7B7F242708.jpeg

I’ve got a presale link for Leeds. Hopefully I can bag some tickets tomorrow. Slow Readers have supported James on many occasions, they are good.

“Well if I were you I really wouldn’t bother”
The last performance in Leeds was absolutely diabolical. No atmosphere and the cabaret performance list was absolute manure.
He's to much of a risk now.

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

I hope they all sell out and the fans have a great time. Perfect opportunity for Moz to change up the setlists, seque between songs, do alternative versions etc. There is so much an artist can do to spice up a concert and make it interesting for long term fans. If he focuses mainly on the new songs then he's taking a risk but I wouldn't blame him for wanting to look forward instead of backwards. He should consider doing longer concerts and giving audiences a bumper bonus of songs. This is the time for Moz to create a buzz and shore up his fanbase with knockout concerts.

You know, it wouldn't be a bad time for him to primarily focus on playing brand new material live. I mean, he's got two full albums worth of new and unreleased material. This would be a unique instance (for many artists), where most in the audience would be happy to hear the new material live in concert. :) Seeing that his performances are usually pretty exciting/emotional affairs, maybe this could attract a good label too - if the new material is showcased correctly.

I'm happy to see him performing live only a few months after coming out of the studio. Good sign.

Last edited:
You know, it wouldn't be a bad time for him to primarily focus on playing brand new material live. I mean, he's got two full albums worth of new and unreleased material. This would be a unique instance (for many artists), where most in the audience would be happy to hear the new material live in concert. :)

Most people at Morrissey shows do not want to hear an excessive amount of new or unreleased material. Several songs, sure, but I've witnessed chit-chatting, boredom, phone checking, yelling out of "hit" song names, rushes to the toilets and beer stands, and even heckling when Morrissey tries to string too many unfamiliar songs together in concert. Particularly 2014 - present.

Last edited:
Most people at Morrissey shows do not want to hear an excessive amount new or unreleased material. Several songs, sure, but I've witnessed chit-chatting, boredom, phone checking, yelling out of "hit" song names, rushes to the toilets and beer stands, and even heckling when Morrissey tries to string too many unfamiliar songs together in concert. Particularly 2014 - present.

Oh, I hear you and you're right.

But, this is a pretty unique situation, where an artist is touring with an additional twenty-some (fresh) tracks that haven't been released. I don't mean that he needs to do this immediately with the dates posted here, and it could even be something he announces previously. For example - "over two nights in Anytown, Morrissey will play X album in its entirety". It may seem odd, but what does he have to lose?

Last edited:
He’s clearly mentally retarded, you can’t expect him to have any sort of grasp of the English language.
'Mentally retarded' (to repeat a now retired phrase) would be no problem, and far be it from me as a rule to police grammar, but we're dealing with a different order of operator here 👿

I like the 'indie superstar' description in the Yorkshire Evening News. This series of announcements makes it feel like the old days again. Viva Moz! 🎉

Will a new album (or at least a leaked album) be out by then?

Ah, that would be more appropriate. I Googled Crystal Palace Park capacity and I got this:
"Positioned in a beautiful natural amphitheatre capable of holding up to 15,000 people and with the stage facing an ornamental lake, the Bowl sits within the historic Grade II* listed Crystal Palace Park, in the London borough of Bromley."

I'm sure it's capable of holding 15,000 people but the number of tickets they sell is 8,000.

Most people at Morrissey shows do not want to hear an excessive amount of new or unreleased material.
You're probably sadly correct, but I'm hoping Moz ignores them and piles on the new stuff. The last thing I want to hear is the usual tired crap like 'How Soon is Now' and 'Every Day is Like Sunday' for the five hundredth time.

I desperately want to hear That Joke isn’t Funny Anymore. He played it at the last Leeds gig, and we ended up not going last min due to covid. I cried when I realised he’d sang it 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom