Dad at 13

A very Utopian thought, but imo all human beings should be born sterile, and stay that way until they pass multiple parenting tests. :straightface:

In an ideal world, but our world is far from ideal.

On the plus side, when the poor, stupid and ignorant mass produce, there is more cannon fodder for the military and lackeys for Burger King and Subway.

It's nature, it's so beautiful. *sniff*

Maybe this is the Alf that is the father but she is embarrassed by that so she is pinning it on the boy.

that would be cool!

Alf---Got-Cat-Poster-C10085070.jpg

they should attract to
social cause , art , music .the rest bring

responsibility

they should not look like his fathers

I agree. It very much sounds like Alfie was sexually abused by this girl. In the article, Alfie states that the first time he had had sex was with Chantelle. :tears: It's also possible that Chantelle was abused herself, which caused her to repeat the behavior with someone smaller, younger, and weaker than her, that is, Alfie. :tears:

Boys can have erections before they reach puberty, so Alfie probably did actually have sex with Chantelle. I do think that a DNA test is in order, however. It's very possible that Chantelle herself, as I said earlier, was sexually abused by someone else, perhaps a boyfriend of her mother, and decided that it was safer for her to tell her mother that Alfie was the father.

All around, a very sad story. :tears:

Yes ...very big assumption! more likely that they are part of the chav/asbo culture that is rife in this country nowadays

Teenage pregnancies is not necessarily a wise move, but does anyone feel that we are judging this story too much on modern western culture? Even in great civilisations of the past, our concept of childhood (0 to 16 - 18) is very different to bygone ages (It was perfectly acceptable in western societies for a child to be in full employment from the age of 7). If a child is able to physically procreate from the ages of 12 / 13 onwards, should that not be considered as natural? If you're an atheist and believe we are just animals, and not from some divine inspiration, why should we differ from other animals who mate and breed from their sexual maturity. Also, from a religious viewpoint, if we are created by God, and God deemed it fit for human beings to be able to bear children from a certain age, surely this is God's will to let it be so. I'll be interested to hear of any modern anthropological examples where such cases are much more acceptable to the social morality.

At the school my mom teaches at, there's an 8th grader who already has 2 kids. Think he's 14, 15??

Teenage pregnancies is not necessarily a wise move, but does anyone feel that we are judging this story too much on modern western culture? Even in great civilisations of the past, our concept of childhood (0 to 16 - 18) is very different to bygone ages (It was perfectly acceptable in western societies for a child to be in full employment from the age of 7). If a child is able to physically procreate from the ages of 12 / 13 onwards, should that not be considered as natural? If you're an atheist and believe we are just animals, and not from some divine inspiration, why should we differ from other animals who mate and breed from their sexual maturity. Also, from a religious viewpoint, if we are created by God, and God deemed it fit for human beings to be able to bear children from a certain age, surely this is God's will to let it be so. I'll be interested to hear of any modern anthropological examples where such cases are much more acceptable to the social morality.

No. The definition of dysfunctional is that which renders one unable to live and care for oneself. Even if procreation at such a young age might have been acceptable in the past, or might be acceptable in other cultures, it's dysfuctional in ours because it cripples these children's ability to care for themselves and their offspring adequately.

I've seen some of the stuff on the news about this, and the boy at one point when they were asking him how hed pay for stuff, he said "my dad sometimes gives me £10 pocket money".
All i could think was, 'if only you'd spent it on condoms or girly mags' :lbf:

Although it is not remotely funny, feel very sory for the child, it'll be embarressed by them throughout its life,
then again why worry cause by the time its 10 it'll have at least 4 younger brothers and sister all with different dads, and it wont know who it is anymore..:rolleyes:

I laugh at any people who actually feel any outrage towards this particular story. In fact I laugh at any people who feel any emotion at all over this.

In this day and age it's only logical to get a paternity test at birth. Many men later find out in life they are fathering the children of other men and are still forced to pay child support for her infidelity.

Why not just do a harmless dna test at birth and be sure? If neither party has anything to hide, then I don't see the problem.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if it wasn't even his. It's not uncommon at all for things like that to happen these days.

Poor girl. Must suck to have your sexual history paraded in front of everyone.

I think I feel more sorry for the little boy. If it turns out he isn't the father, then I think this girl just used him as a scapegoat. :( Granted, we don't know but that's it'd look like in my opinion. More and more it just seems this girl took advantage of him...:\ Either way, they both made a choice and now they have to deal with the good and bad of it all.

I think I feel more sorry for the little boy. If it turns out he isn't the father, then I think this girl just used him as a scapegoat. :( Granted, we don't know but that's it'd look like in my opinion. More and more it just seems this girl took advantage of him...:\ Either way, they both made a choice and now they have to deal with the good and bad of it all.

Well, I wouldn't quite look at it that way. Everyone feels sorry for this kid because he looks so little, and she's being portrayed as a whore when he did the exact same thing she did. She's the scapegoat.

It's possible she took advantage of him, but it's also entirely possible that they were just curious and messed around without thinking about the consequences. I'm willing to bet that we'll hear that she took advantage of him because it's very easy for the media to run with that, as he's so young looking.

Back
Top Bottom