Morrissey Central "Discredited." (June 25, 2023)

Moz discredited? No one can ever lower your level and your values, they are already there... Everything is already manifested. Moz you must have higher self-esteem than ever. Moz sos more important than you think. Morrissey I dedicate this photo to you so you know how much we love you your fans!!!!View attachment 92296

I'M PROUD TO BE A MORRISSEY FAN.

I understand how Moz feels.

As he said before: the world is full of crashing bores. And he is not one.

Viva Morrissey! ❤️ 🇧🇷 🇦🇷

Doesn’t Moz swan around in Gucci though?

He does, but I suspect he maintains the old resentments. Plus there’s the meat issue and the suburban hippie vibe at these festivals. I’m glad he’s not a gooey nostalgia act at Glastonbury or a media darling. For me that would be even more disappointing than “DAVID VANCE.”

I have lost all hope of wake-up calls. I don't know what happened behind the scenes but in the wake of Andy's passing (momentous in the Smiths camp surely) - I was at least hoping for an end to the sniping. All I see from Glasto is ... not poking the fire but no olive branches, no change. "You told me to shut up and get on with my own stuff, so that's what I'm doing", you know.

You look at those line-ups of Morrissey's old friends and you think.. how has he pushed away so many people? Johnny and Chrissie, who both meant the world to him, thick as thieves like the old days and he's left with Dodwell types - God, I'd be crying over that as well. Even things with Sparks went sour. But he won't take responsibility for his behaviour, he won't apologise for anything, one person speaks against him and they're next out of the door. God, we don't even have Alain any more. He is self-destructing one day at a time.
I agree, it's very sad and frustrating - but is it true that he has pushed away Chrissie? Wasn't Johnny working with her a long time in the past, so is it not possible that she is friends with both like Noel Gallagher? With Sparks, was it not they who jumped ship? Clearly, M does 'banish' people for whatever reason, but I'm not sure that these people appearing at Glasto all no longer have relationships with him. What is clear is that M has an incredibly intransigent nature and no power on earth will shift it (surely part of his twisted appeal?) Therefore, he will probably never apologise. I also suspect, as others have previously mentioned, that there are some neurodiversity issues going on here - not to disparage him in any way (and my son is on the ADHD/ODD/Autism spectrum), but I genuinely think that he perceives the world and other people differently - which is part of his gift - and that his social interactions may be inept for a reason. Whatever is going on behind closed doors, I think the best we can hope for is a reappraisal of his achievements in the press, a cessation of the ill advised Central posts, a thoughtful interview with one of his peers (Nick Cave?), some great live shows, no more Steptoe trousers and a better haircut.

I have lost all hope of wake-up calls. I don't know what happened behind the scenes but in the wake of Andy's passing (momentous in the Smiths camp surely) - I was at least hoping for an end to the sniping. All I see from Glasto is ... not poking the fire but no olive branches, no change. "You told me to shut up and get on with my own stuff, so that's what I'm doing", you know.

You look at those line-ups of Morrissey's old friends and you think.. how has he pushed away so many people? Johnny and Chrissie, who both meant the world to him, thick as thieves like the old days and he's left with Dodwell types - God, I'd be crying over that as well. Even things with Sparks went sour. But he won't take responsibility for his behaviour, he won't apologise for anything, one person speaks against him and they're next out of the door. God, we don't even have Alain any more. He is self-destructing one day at a time.

May, if I remember well, Johnny pushed Morrissey away first, by leaving The Smiths and by constant digs at him every opportunity he had. You know it and mentioned it here many times.

As far as I know Chrissie is still his friend.

The Sparks, as intelligent guys one might think they are should have known him better.

Fiona Dodwell does not deserve to be called "types" just for using her platforms to support Morrissey. If I had one I'd use it too.

May, I know you're upset and I understand what you mean, but Moz isn't going to change his ways of dealing with his interests and emotions any time soon, if ever.

So, I feel we, fans, shouldn't make things harder for him.

I agree, it's very sad and frustrating - but is it true that he has pushed away Chrissie? Wasn't Johnny working with her a long time in the past, so is it not possible that she is friends with both like Noel Gallagher? With Sparks, was it not they who jumped ship? Clearly, M does 'banish' people for whatever reason, but I'm not sure that these people appearing at Glasto all no longer have relationships with him. What is clear is that M has an incredibly intransigent nature and no power on earth will shift it (surely part of his twisted appeal?) Therefore, he will probably never apologise. I also suspect, as others have previously mentioned, that there are some neurodiversity issues going on here - not to disparage him in any way (and my son is on the ADHD/ODD/Autism spectrum), but I genuinely think that he perceives the world and other people differently - which is part of his gift - and that his social interactions may be inept for a reason. Whatever is going on behind closed doors, I think the best we can hope for is a reappraisal of his achievements in the press, a cessation of the ill advised Central posts, a thoughtful interview with one of his peers (Nick Cave?), some great live shows, no more Steptoe trousers and a better haircut.
I ageee, especially on the neurodiversity angle. Problem is, he needs kind advisers, rather than SER/Fiona hangers-on. And he won't be told, even when it's clearly in his best interest. So there's little chance of those kind advisers materialising.

What should he be credited for? He’ll be making a very small amount of money from performance rights

He should be credited for his immense work in The Smiths, as well as for his solo work, as one of the greatest, if not the greatest British lyricist and singer of all time.

Simple as that.

I wish he would take a leaf out of CarlisleBaz’s book and just post some avant-garde poetry when he gets pissed, rather than this cryptic nonsense.

Es posible que hayas dado en el clavo allí. El uso de la palabra "desacreditado" sigue siendo extraño, pero podría tener sentido.

Si bien en general tendría un punto, no realmente en este caso, ya que parece que Astley y la banda en realidad no mencionaron a ninguno de ellos.
Ademas de desubicados son irrespetuosos desagradecidos y pateticos por decir lo minimo!!! No se merecen que la gente vaya a verlos ,los verdaderos fans de Smiths no deberian ir,saca de lado a los que no aceptan a Moz por sus dichos bla bla aunque merece ser mencionado, pero Andy Rourke no mencionarlo es una falta absoluta de respeto!!!

May, if I remember well, Johnny pushed Morrissey away first, by leaving The Smiths and by constant digs at him every opportunity he had. You know it and mentioned it here many times.

As far as I know Chrissie is still his friend.

The Sparks, as intelligent guys one might think they are should have known him better.

Fiona Dodwell does not deserve to be called "types" just for using her platforms to support Morrissey. If I had one I'd use it too.

May, I know you're upset and I understand what you mean, but Moz isn't going to change his ways of dealing with his interests and emotions any time soon, if ever.

So, I feel we, fans, shouldn't make things harder for him.
You're right, he's not going to change. Like I said, I'd lost hope in that already. Look where it has left him though. None of this is about 1987, it's about the damage M has done to himself over the past five years. You don't do him any favours by pretending to be unaware of it, and neither does Dodwell.

It was the same in 2019 when Johnny joined the Killers at Glasto. Morrissey should be there to enjoy the glory but the fact that he wasn't even mentioned is his own fault. With his words and his "letters" and controversies, he has endlessly poisoned all goodwill. Over and over again. Even now, what would a fan see, searching Moz stuff after Glasto? A post promoting David Vance on the official website. It's miserable but if this stuff isn't a wake-up call for Moz then nothing ever will be.

YES, this.
in actual fact, what he needs is someone to point this out to him. he lives in a delusional world and that is perpetuated by the yes-men he has surrounded himself with. how will he ever realize the truth??

YES, this.
in actual fact, what he needs is someone to point this out to him. he lives in a delusional world and that is perpetuated by the yes-men he has surrounded himself with. how will he ever realize the truth??
‘The truth’ is he’s got an exciting world tour coming up, starting next week, with exciting new members in the band, celebrating 40 years of great music. Is all that matters.

He couldn’t care less about Glastonbury and never did anyway.

‘The truth’ is he’s got an exciting world tour coming up, starting next week, with exciting new members in the band, celebrating 40 years of great music. Is all that matters.

He couldn’t care less about Glastonbury and never did anyway.

So why did he play there 3 times?

I think maybe it's more that no one is giving him credit for his part in the Smiths love fest which occurred at Glastonbury, rather than him wanting to appear there. He was never mentioned (and nor was Andy Rourke). Loads of people on social media trying to erase him from history and 'reclaim' the Smiths songs as if he had nothing to do with them.
This is slightly exagerated. M. as an individual is criticized and people who have never adhered to conservatism, and some of the right wing ideas because this is not in their DNA at all, no matter how they managed to get a confortable life or not, don't have the same tolerance with his views any more. But his voice still resonates, because no one, no media, can't erase the emotional memories the Smiths brought to each listener on one to one level. M being not mentioned at Glastonbury, is something really awkward, The Smiths were a two-headed band. This could be compared to Peter Hook and how his ex-partners erased him from all the official Joy Division / New Order promo biographies and press statements.

You're right, he's not going to change. Like I said, I'd lost hope in that already. Look where it has left him though. None of this is about 1987, it's about the damage M has done to himself over the past five years. You don't do him any favours by pretending to be unaware of it, and neither does Dodwell.

I'm not pretending to be unware of it. I'd be a fool if I did. But, at this point I sincerely don't feel like criticizing him either for the posts on Central or whatever attitude of his that I feel may be detrimental to his own best interests.

Been there done that.

I turned the page.

Only ❤️ now.

This site hasn't been the same since 2010. What's Morrissey Central?

Attachments

• a101.png
    a101.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom