Factory International: "A night with The Johnny Marr Orchestra" (on December 7-8, 2023)

A NIGHT WITH THE JOHNNY MARR ORCHESTRA

JM_2000x1125.f1ccbae~2.jpg

Get ready for a night of classics and fan favourites brought to life with a new, expanded sound as Johnny Marr takes to the stage with a full orchestra.

Known for crafting a generation-defining guitar sound with The Smiths,
Marr has carved out an equally impressive solo career, bringing his masterful playing to a new generation of indie rock fans.

In 2022, Marr released his fourth solo album Fever Dreams Pts. 1–4 to widespread critical acclaim, before touring with the likes of Blondie and The Killers. Now, he brings his live show back to where it all began – right here in Manchester.

For this special performance at Aviva Studios, Marr is joined on stage by some of the best classical musicians from across Manchester. Together, they’ll reinterpret Marr’s mightily impressive catalogue in A Night with the Johnny Marr Orchestra.

This looks rather interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s hilarious because you’re the one who brought up Johnny in the first place!
I can mock his ridiculous excuse for breaking up The Smiths (and leaving his so-called best friend adrift) without wishing to see or hear anything from him nowadays.

Do you think this will be released as a live record or video?
Not sure, it would be great if it was.

Yeah that’s the thing about video, especially people’s video posts, does no justice to the actual show, can’t capture it. People complain about Morrissey’s set, etc and judging YouTube videos, it’s not really fair. Physically being at the show is a whole other experience.

Which is why I’m not judging these vids of Marr’s shows. I’m sure he sounded great when actually there.

I can mock his ridiculous excuse for breaking up The Smiths (and leaving his so-called best friend adrift) without wishing to see or hear anything from him nowadays.

Well it's better than saying that Morrissey was insufferable and he could not stand him one more minute, isn't it? Johnny knew that's not what people wanted to hear and nor would they believe him. It's much easier to understand now.

And said pages in Feb's Uncut:

1704766892122.jpg
1704766892498.jpg

One Morrissey mention.
FWD.

"Here, he provides an environment where they can be shared and sung with celebratory pride by an artist who still represents something pure and beautiful."

My god. I get it: Moz = bad and Johnny = good, but what f***ed up times we're living through. I'm assuming Daniel Dylan Wray is so pure that he's never taken a moment's joy from any song on Phil Spector's Christmas album, or from a Picasso painting, or from... etc etc etc.

Does anyone know what top garment Johnny is wearing? It's kind a like a waistcoat, and kinda like an Indian shirt, but somewhere in-between. I like it. What is it and where can I buy one?

Most charity shops stock them. You should be able to pick one up easily.

Back
Top Bottom