Fiona Dodwell: "Five Morrissey Albums That Deserve Reappraisal" (December 3, 2020)

Already love all those albums which she mentions:
  1. Swords
  2. Arsenal
  3. Dog
  4. Maladjusted
  5. World Peace.

Nice to see some praise for Maladjusted. Always my number 2 (after Vauxhall). A fantastic album.

An alternative title for this article might have been 'Five Morrissey Albums With Really Crap Covers."

An alternative title for this article might have been 'Five Morrissey Albums With Really Crap Covers."
try saying something nice for a change. It’s good for your immune system.

Guess the payment went through ok 😂
FWD.

that’s like already my top five list if we swap out maladjusted for bona

To mention that they need to be reappraised is saying that they were panned?? These records were not panned (Your Arsenal) for example. It was praised! Albums that were not given wonderful reviews were Kill Uncle and Southpaw Grammar. Those certainly deserve to make the list. I would say this, sorry Fee I disagree again....

Kill Uncle
Southpaw Grammar
World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Last edited:
Is there anyone who doesn't regard Your Arsenal as one of his finest albums?

Also, Swords is a compilation, not an album.

Kill Uncle needs reappraisal. By Morrissey.

Is there anyone who doesn't regard Your Arsenal as one of his finest albums?

Also, Swords is a compilation, not an album.
Much as I'm loth to point this out, there are two reasons for the title of this 'album'/compilation.

1) The suburb of North Dublin on the way to the airport

2) If you put the artist and the title together as they are displayed on the cover, you get "Morrissey's Words", which is surely intentional

Much as I'm loth to point this out, there are two reasons for the title of this 'album'/compilation.

1) The suburb of North Dublin on the way to the airport

2) If you put the artist and the title together as they are displayed on the cover, you get "Morrissey's Words", which is surely intentional
Wow almost a post without an insult . Knob .

Regards,
FWD.

Update:
Both Morrissey Official Twitter & FB have subsequently shared the article.

Your Arsenal needs no new appraisal. It's a classic always has, always will be. Go back to Swords often, many 'treasures ' My Dearest Love - the standout for me.
Maladujsted especially the re issue gets stronger over time.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom