Morrissey at your funeral?

Re: asleep - my choice too

Writing as a crematorium manager, I feel so sad that we have never been asked for a Morrissey song to be played yet. For my own part, I want Klaus Nomi's "Death" (Remember me, but forget my fate...) and Asleep.

As my mob leave, i want the Prodigy's "(I am the) Firestarter" played - how apt in my case!

To be honest, though, as long as my loved ones keep any and every member of the clergy well away from me, I really don't care.

Re: Are you trying to make them cry in the aisles?

Finally, a thread that indulges my morbid side.

I'd have 'The Loop', get them all tapping their feet. But 'Every Day Is Like Sunday' is a fantastic hymn to play them all out of the church, and remind them that life's all a bit pointless really. I would have 'Suedehead' ... 'why do you come here?' (prick the conscience of all the hypocrites that'll turn up) but my nan (and the vicar) probably wouldn't appreciate Mozzer singing that 'it was a good lay'.
And 'There Is A Light' just because it's my favourite song. Regardless of whether i died in a collision with a double decker bus; the family will just have to grit their teeth and bear it.

I still have an urge to request Procol Harem's 'A Whiter Shade Of Pale' though ... the psychedelic rocker in me will out.

To be honest my dad would probably give some backhanders to the staff: "no Morrissey today lads, or me and the wife are walking out, just stick a bit of Coldplay on or something".

Never played symphonies followed by everyday is like sunday

Vera Lynn?

Heres a "funny" story:

My ex-missus's great nan died at the ripe old age of 99. The funeral was in Merthyr with the cremation at Llwynpia cemetery... some of the most beautiful places in the world. Honest

Anyway as noone had asked her what she wanted played my ex-girlfriend's 12 yr old sister decided that White Cliffs Of Dover would be apt!>!
As the notes played out one expected to hear Vera Lynn's tones intoning through the chapel. And lo and behold Robson fking Green bellowed through the speakers!
Robson and Jerome! Oh dear.

Another funeral I went to it was decided that S Club 7 Never Had A Dream Come True would be a fitting epitaph! Really!!!

As for Morrissey at mine? hmmm It'd have to be Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now followed by What Difference Does It MAke.

Then Asleep, possibly I Know Its Over and as a finale I Started Something...

Obviously then we'd move on to the solo years. At this point all five people there would be walking out..... I think it was Carter the Unflappable Shite Machine who had a song called Suppose You Gave A Funeral And Nobody Came....

Slightly off topic But I would have "Every Breath you take" By Puff Daddy

Back
Top Bottom