Morrissey concert in Auckland, NZ - cancelled

The Auckland show in two nights time has been cancelled. This was to be the last concert of the current tour.

Information from the promoter:

This event has been CANCELLED...

Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey
on Thursday 14 December at The Civic has been cancelled.

A message from the presenter:

“We regret to advise the Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey show scheduled for Thursday 14 December at The Civic, Auckland will no longer be proceeding due to unforeseen logistical issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
All ticket holders will receive an automatic refund as per the information below.

Media items:

It actually wouldn’t surprise me if the band didn’t find out about the cancellation until very late on.
I mean, why would they post pictures of themselves having drinks, ECT?
Surely all the band wouldn’t be as thoughtless as Morrissey?
I think Boz (like Marr) was very good at anticipating Morrissey, mediating, advising, and doing the required diplomacy—to stop any crisis becoming a catastrophe. The ship would definitely benefit from a captain.

I just ran into Morrissey in Sydney about 5 minutes after getting the cancellation message for Auckland. He was not in a great mood, didn’t want to speak or get a photo etc. I told him it was a great show last night. He didn’t give me eye contact or a thank you (not that I am owed anything!) - however the security he was with was absolutely lovely.
Can someone remind me why I am so obsessed with him? …anyway can someone give me recommendations on things to do in NZ? Lol
The litigious letters are probably starting to arrive. I’d expect him to be grumpy for a few years now.

It actually wouldn’t surprise me if the band didn’t find out about the cancellation until very late on.
I mean, why would they post pictures of themselves having drinks, ECT?
Surely all the band wouldn’t be as thoughtless as Morrissey?
E. T. C. For F U C K’s sake!!

I think most of us are just trying to wrap our heads around a mentality completely alien to the vast majority of people, to try to find human sympathy that would allow us to understand why he does the baffling things he does. Ultimately, I think we need to relinquish the quest to understand and the idea that he contains fathomless mysteries within him. I think the real truth is that there isn't much to understand: he does what he does because he feels like it and because he can. As basic and spiritually desolate as that.
I’m afraid you’re right. And for most of us, this behavior is very hard to fathom.

E. T. C. For F U C K’s sake!!
You mean he wasnt talking about them posting pictures of themselves having drinks and electroconvulsive therapy??!

He must be sick of singing the same old songs (obviously his choice) but i wonder if he s decided hes had enough and more focussed on moving on to the YATQ ? maybe a new band is in the works ??

He must be sick of singing the same old songs (obviously his choice) but i wonder if he s decided hes had enough and more focussed on moving on to the YATQ ? maybe a new band is in the works ??

Maybe he'll become a one man band, cymbals strapped to his knees etc

camgrey-20231213-0001.jpg
camgrey-20231213-0002.jpg

Not sure if the band are detached from reality, but the 2nd image is a bit tone deaf 🙄
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom