Morrissey on Guardian

Last edited:
oooh exciting,
but a godarn cat? urgh...

btw how much is the guardian on a saturday theses days?

OK so it's definitely this Saturday. Page 2 of today's Guardian has a preview of tomorrow's 9 sections, and they have an image of the magazine cover which is just lovely. Morrissey against a grey backdrop, straight faced, looking directly at camera, with a black and grey tabby cat perched atop his head. The cat is staring straight at the camera too. Headline is 'Big mouth strikes again. Morrissey lets rip. An interview by Simon Armitage.' ( The Northern poet)
Not too sure about the headline. The last time that appeared on a magazine cover it was the NME racism round 2 fiasco. So what's he letting rip about? Knowing the Guardian it's probably Moz comes out against organic goat's cheese, but who knows...

OK so it's definitely this Saturday. Page 2 of today's Guardian has a preview of tomorrow's 9 sections, and they have an image of the magazine cover which is just lovely. Morrissey against a grey backdrop, straight faced, looking directly at camera, with a black and grey tabby cat perched atop his head. The cat is staring straight at the camera too. Headline is 'Big mouth strikes again. Morrissey lets rip. An interview by Simon Armitage.' ( The Northern poet)
Not too sure about the headline. The last time that appeared on a magazine cover it was the NME racism round 2 fiasco. So what's he letting rip about? Knowing the Guardian it's probably Moz comes out against organic goat's cheese, but who knows...
link please? i cant find the pic on guardian...thnks;)

Oh thank you for the report! Any chance of a scan? Anyone? (Obviously of the interview tomorrow but I'd love to even see this little teaser!) :pray:

Sorry it's only in the physical copies of the newspaper, on page 2 of the main section.
Apologies again, but I can't scan it, as I'm off sick from work today and the only scanner I have access to is at work. I would go in , but it might look a bit suspect! :)

Re: hmmmm

well kewpie ..the cat sound like a very morrissey-esque cover..(remember the many cat pics in the past?) so it could very well be its him on the cover as gretchenraine said..

Actually, this is in addition to an exchange I had last week with them where they told me I would LOVE the Morrissey cover.

Why am I even over here sharing anything with you people?

Fine - wait for your confirmation. Back to the other site to not be dissed by the moderator...

I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just don't trust twitter very much.

Sorry it's only in the physical copies of the newspaper, on page 2 of the main section.
Apologies again, but I can't scan it, as I'm off sick from work today and the only scanner I have access to is at work. I would go in , but it might look a bit suspect! :)

well thank you anway.. i think we can wait til tomorrow:thumb:
get well soon -hope its not too bad
hope the UK tv programme today is remotely exiting;)
and thanks for the info..

Last edited:

Ditto what Sistasheila said. Thanks for letting us know & enjoy your sick day. :thumb:

I love it when Morrissey is interviewed by articulate/self-effacing/humorous people. This should be fantastic.

VERY blurry preview of ther front page, thanks to one of our roving reporters...

2cffgxz.jpg

P.

EDIT - hang on, I can do better than that...

Or maybe not...

do70at.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, Peter! :thumb:

Even my cat (most well behaved and placid) would NEVER do that. :D

:love:

Morrissey looks wonderful in his tabby cat hat.

I wonder if this is in reference to the Queen's Guard bear hat kerfuffle.

In any event, thanks Peter!

That is one fancy hat. :)

I love Morrissey.

I love cats.

Morrissey and cats. Perfect together.

Had only the proud pussy swung his tail just under Morrissey's nose, it would have made a great mustache.

Hey Uncleskinny, what time do you think you'll have this scanned by tomorrow morning? Should I stay up tonight (California) and read it? Or wait until the morning? :p (I am of course making the sweeping assumption that you'll be the fastest Brit to a scanner. Thank God for that.)

Tags
scans
Back
Top Bottom