Orlando, FL - Dr. Phillips Center - Walt Disney Theater (Oct. 7, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow (live debut) / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / How Soon Is Now? / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
That was cute when Moz started singin' "there's a
place in hell for me and my friends" at the end.

I wonder if that was with reference to the “there’s a place in the sun” part of LMKY and made it up on a whim?

If anyone can confirm JTR as encore (with Speedway being prior or other way round), the setlist is done.
FWD.

I was in Depeche Mode mindset for a minute there and interpreted that as John The Revelator.

I was in Depeche Mode mindset for a minute there and interpreted that as John The Revelator.
Now THAT would have been a welcome addition to the set list!

I hate to say this, it breaks my heart but this is complete bullshit! As a long time fan seeing both The Smiths and Morrissey numerous times. It’s time to just say enough! This is not 40 years of Morrissey it is his standard setlist. I just cancelled my Memphis room and I’m selling my tickets. I’m done… just like his managers, labels and close friends. It’s not everyone else….it’s Morrissey.

Love the guy but I believe my eyes.
Agree, this does not represent his career at all

Just got home after a few post gig beers and an hour or so drive.
Enjoyed it - however..... the band.....

Individually they clearly are very good musicians. But they weren't a team or a unit or dare I say, a gang.
There was no interaction between the band, that moment when guitarists go next to each other and look as if they are jamming in a rehearsal room / smiling / laughing as they do it, or moving over to the drummer to rock with him..... it was Morrissey on stage - but not with a band, but with 5 talented musicians.

The whole lot of them would come on for the encore and link arms and bow to the audience. There was a togetherness. Tonight there was nothing. But it didn't spoil my enjoyment of a good night.

I'll be at St Pete on Tuesday.

Last edited:
So, a shirtless drum solo is part of the show now?

Unfortunately, I believe you’re right. Seen him
about 13 times now and have great seats for the second NY show. But after seeing the setlist, this is the first time in almost 30 years that I am contemplating selling my tickets.
His voice seems great and I’m sure it would be a solid show. But the core is essentially the same as its been for the past 2 years. Never thought going to a Moz concert would ever elicit such apathy in me but this setlist needs a revamp at this point.
You can't expect a wonderful setlist while M keeps these musicians in the band. They can't reproduce the tunes that we all would like to hear.

In the "Solo" is full of "Gatas Flora"........ Moz was wonderful, he made new songs, one that I never sing from IANADOAC and for me it's enough. Morrissey takes over!!!
Yep. Flower cats all over the place. We get it.
Look, Moz has a long history of having openers. Courteeners, smoking popes, Dempsey, Young, Elcka, etc. So suggesting an opener that has the ability to get the crowd amped like Suede certainly isn’t blasphemy.
And yes, one new song is great if we were talking about spicing up an individual tour run. But M has been touring with 75% of these songs for the last 3 tours. He’s got 40 years of music in his catalog…he should use it.

Glad I didn't travel for this one. Other than 'Darling, I Bite A Pillow' it's the same bog standard setlist he's been playing for the past couple of years.

I hate to say this, it breaks my heart but this is complete bullshit! As a long time fan seeing both The Smiths and Morrissey numerous times. It’s time to just say enough! This is not 40 years of Morrissey it is his standard setlist. I just cancelled my Memphis room and I’m selling my tickets. I’m done… just like his managers, labels and close friends. It’s not everyone else….it’s Morrissey.

It's just the name of the tour, M in the industry celebrating 40 years. But he will never play a "greatest hits" tour. Even though he could set a better show, but not with the current band.
If only AW and BB were there, that would be surely a 40 years of M show worth to attend. Lots of different old tunes.

Same ol setlist... who is surprised? Not me!

I already knew that without a real guitarist, they are just gonna play the same ol stuff.
People got to admit that this is the weakest touring band MOZ has had in his 40 years.
Only the Drummer has talent. I feel so sorry for any new fans or fans that never seen Moz live before and that this is gonna be their first time seeing him without a good live band.

When Alain rejoined for a minute... he had some impact on the setlist.
But jesse can't play the deep cuts and hits so he has to play it safe and play the same songs.

I remember the days when almost every setlist was different and MOZ had a solid backing band.
I guess those days are long gone just like his days of having a record contract.

Can't wait to see the selist from Alain and the Lads in December... hes gonna put this "40 years of Moz" setlist to shame.

what a pity.

Poor MOZ... he's never been surrounded by so much mediocrity.
I think he is officially in his "Fat Elvis" stage... No rehearsing with the band just showing up and singing the same old songs over and over.
such a same when he has such a rich back catalogue.

Same ol setlist... who is surprised? Not me!

I already knew that without a real guitarist, they are just gonna play the same ol stuff.
People got to admit that this is the weakest touring band MOZ has had in his 40 years.
Only the Drummer has talent. I feel so sorry for any new fans or fans that never seen Moz live before and that this is gonna be their first time seeing him without a good live band.

When Alain rejoined for a minute... he had some impact on the setlist.
But jesse can't play the deep cuts and hits so he has to play it safe and play the same songs.

I remember the days when almost every setlist was different and MOZ had a solid backing band.
I guess those days are long gone just like his days of having a record contract.

Can't wait to see the selist from Alain and the Lads in December... hes gonna put this "40 years of Moz" setlist to shame.

what a pity.

Poor MOZ... he's never been surrounded by so much mediocrity.
I think he is officially in his "Fat Elvis" stage... No rehearsing with the band just showing up and singing the same old songs over and over.
such a same when he has such a rich back catalogue.
“I remember the days when almost every setlist was different”

You are misremembering, that has never been the case.

Could not agree with you more, this set list is a disgrace, especially at the prices he's charging. The sheep will always flock to see him, but I don't know how any rational fan can justify going to see him anymore.

Morrissey has the ability to bring down the house every night and have the audience wrapped around his finger. Instead, he's stubborn, delusional and downright lazy.

Can one of the front row fans pass Morrissey a note and can it have a list of songs the general fan base would love to hear. Please

This setlist is 5 years of autopilot. Magical songs that lose their appeal as they are done to death.

He wants our hard earned money, let him earn it with deep material.
Please pass him a note. Sign it from Julia, she has influence over him.

The set list tonight was of good Quality songs. Unfortunately these songs have now been played to death in the live arena for many a year now, making a Morrissey show very predictable, dull, and uneventful.

I’m rather pleased and relieved that I won’t be ever spending another penny on a Morrissey show ever again.

As we all know, the live arena is all Morrissey has left now along with his live audience.
He needs to be more respectful and imaginative at these events, as we can all see long and loyal fans have hade enough of this drudgery.

That set doesn't reflect 40 years of Morrissey in my opinion. On the latest poster for Jakarta it says

Don't miss this extraordinary show filled with fan-favorite songs that have touched hearts worldwide, not sure that is true either if this is the set he will play there

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom