Quotes

He said: “If women liked sex as much as men, there would be straight cruising areas in the way there are gay cruising areas. Women would go and hang around in churchyards thinking: ‘God, I’ve got to get my f***ing rocks off’, or they’d go to Hampstead Heath and meet strangers to shag behind a bush.

“It doesn’t happen. Why? Because the only women you can have sex with like that wish to be paid for it.”

He continued: “I feel sorry for straight men. The only reason women will have sex with them is that sex is the price they are willing to pay for a relationship with a man, which is what they want.

“Of course, a lot of women will deny this and say, ‘Oh no, but I love sex, I love it!’ But do they go around having it the way that gay men do?”

- Stephen Fry

253136_365467213530884_1855004293_n.jpg

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off. -- Gloria Steinem

"The trick is to avoid being a shit or hitching up with one."
~Peterb

"I'd say we've probably all been in this predicament, probably not so publicly though!"
~Rowntree

"When they said 'killer whales' they meant they wailed on him til they killed him."

-Craig Finn

J. G. Ballard: In a completely sane world madness is the only freedom.

“Any woman who is sure of her own wits, is a match, at any time, for a man who is not sure of his own temper.”

- Wilkie Collins, The Woman in White

“He that blows the coals in quarrels that he has nothing to do with, has no right to complain if the sparks fly in his face."

- Ben Franklin”

“Any woman who is sure of her own wits, is a match, at any time, for a man who is not sure of his own temper.”

- Wilkie Collins, The Woman in White

“He that blows the coals in quarrels that he has nothing to do with, has no right to complain if the sparks fly in his face
."

- Ben Franklin”

It's a cracker that, innit?

"In Beverly Hills… they don’t throw their garbage away. They make it into television shows." - Woody Allen

"Religion comes from the period of human prehistory where nobody—not even the mighty Democritus who concluded that all matter was made from atoms—had the smallest idea what was going on. It comes from the bawling and fearful infancy of our species, and is a babyish attempt to meet our inescapable demand for knowledge (as well as for comfort, reassurance, and other infantile needs). Today the least educated of my children knows much more about the natural order than any of the founders of religion." - Christopher Hitchens

"If god really wanted people to be free of [wicked thoughts], he should have taken more care to invent a different species." - Christopher Hitchens

It's a cracker that, innit?

Benjie's a genius! :love:

Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
-Benjamin Franklin

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
-Benjamin Franklin

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
-Benjamin Franklin

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
-Benjamin Franklin

“The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You trade in your sense for an act. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. There can't be any large-scale revolution until there's a personal revolution, on an individual level. It's got to happen inside first. You can take away a man's political freedom and you won't hurt him - unless you take away his freedom to feel. That can destroy him. That kind of freedom can't be granted. Nobody can win it for you.” - Jim Morrison

Last edited by a moderator:
"In Beverly Hills… they don’t throw their garbage away. They make it into television shows." - Woody Allen

"Religion comes from the period of human prehistory where nobody—not even the mighty Democritus who concluded that all matter was made from atoms—had the smallest idea what was going on. It comes from the bawling and fearful infancy of our species, and is a babyish attempt to meet our inescapable demand for knowledge (as well as for comfort, reassurance, and other infantile needs). Today the least educated of my children knows much more about the natural order than any of the founders of religion." - Christopher Hitchens

"If god really wanted people to be free of [wicked thoughts], he should have taken more care to invent a different species." - Christopher Hitchens

All great ones!

"I once convinced a woman that I was Kevin Costner. And it worked, because I believed it.”

Question/quote of the day...

"Do you feel you're only using contemporary atheist polemics to shore up your superiority complex, a character flaw that's made of you a deranged shut-in?"

~ Wannabe cultural critic CG

“To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting.”

*E. E. Cummings

Back
Top Bottom