Should Morrissey add cover tunes to his live shows ?

sometimes performers like to add a tune here and there that is completely unexpected and often times out of genre for them , if Morrissey was to take up the habit what cover would you suggest be added to the setlist?

Rocket.thumb.jpg

I think, as a general rule, Brian Hyland's 'Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini' is overlooked far too often as a legitimate song to cover.

Morrissey has played cover tunes. Three that I am aware of are excellent and I'd be happy to hear him do any of them. That's "No One Can Hold A Candle To You", "Drive-In Saturday", and "Song From Under The Floorboards". He did the Patti Smith tune and probably some others also.

edit: looked at the other cover tune thread. How could I forget, "the loop" and "that's entertainment"? Both of those are great, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also "My Insatiable One" (Suede), "Cosmic Dancer" (T. Rex), and "Human Being" (NY Dolls).

I love it when he does covers; it's often better than the original versions IMO. And I'll take a cover by Moz any day over Boy Yappy and At Last I Am Bored.

I think, as a general rule, Brian Hyland's 'Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini' is overlooked far too often as a legitimate song to cover.

thank you for staying somewhat on topic ;)

There was never any question as to whether he has done covers , it was more a question of should it become a regular part of his live act and what song would you suggest be considered

No problem! I'm just being friendly in advising you that there's already a thread. If you're embarrassed about it, next time try a search of your topic or simply read the board before you post...and I wasn't being sarky, just matter of fact.

Aw gee , ive ruffled a few feathers already by posting a topic thats already been covered .

so sowwy

but anyways what better do i have to do than stir shit up wherever i go :D

No problem! I'm just being friendly in advising you that there's already a thread. If you're embarrassed about it, next time try a search of your topic or simply read the board before you post...and I wasn't being sarky, just matter of fact.

Oh f*** no , i wouldnt be sorry nor embarrassed for such a thing as it really wouldnt concern me whatsoever to find similar threads of anything that i might want to post .

You seem quite informed Mel , i find you more than tolerable:D

thank you for staying somewhat on topic ;)

There was never any question as to whether he has done covers , it was more a question of should it become a regular part of his live act and what song would you suggest be considered

So we should have answered the question you meant to ask.

So we should have answered the question you meant to ask.

sometimes performers like to add a tune here and there that is completely unexpected and often times out of genre for them , if Morrissey was to take up the habit what cover would you suggest be added to the setlist?

Rocket.thumb.jpg

Seems a rather straight forward question to me , maybe you missed it

You say "if Morrissey was to take up the habit" which suggests you are ignorant of the fact that he does this already.

You say "if Morrissey was to take up the habit" which suggests you are ignorant of the fact that he does this already.

Habit as in a regular part of performances

As i see it for the past few decades hes not very habitual in his use of covers in his performances

holy f*** weve attracted the name callers out here tonight , i'll be nice for now :eek:

you still havent added anything in the form of an obscure suggestion of a cover , so i will just suppose that it's more important to you to try and appear to be a bigger, wiser and more uberfan than i , so be it

:rolleyes:

I was referring to your thread about the ignore function.

If you want a song he should cover, I answered this before, but I think he and Dwight Yoakam both have rockabilly in common, along with a certain attitude to music and style, and I'd like to hear him do a Dwight Yoakam song, but that won't ever happen.

I'd also like to hear Dwight do Prince's Little Red Corvette.

Rappers Delight - Sugarhill Gang

Now that would be hilarious .

ya'll forgot Hecovered Gilbert O'Sullivan's Nothing Rhymed in a show
in Ireland [or were it 2?]

I would love Him do another Suede song, personally I'd love to hear
the Wild Ones peformed by Him [not the regular on here, well maybe he
he has a good voice too, but I meant Morrissey]

or Amish Paradise, even.

Damnit . i actually previewed that comment as a post but couldnt submit it,
so i just x'd out the tab.:D

Back
Top Bottom