Should Morrissey add cover tunes to his live shows ?

Re: What songs should Morrissey cover?

Did he play that entirely...or just a taste of it...

Good point..supposedly there's a recording of A Full Such As I Somewhere out there too....

Personally, Morrissey could have done a great early Elvis cover during the Kill Uncle-Your Arsenal period....now, he'd probably do something like The Moon River debacle

Re: What songs should Morrissey cover?

"I Started a Joke"-Bee Gees

I know the BeeGees arent that great, but really, their early stuff is quite lovely, and "I Started a Joke" IS a Morrissey song, from the lyrics to the tune itself!

Hey, that's a great choice!

I'd like to hear him cover Bodies by the Sex Pistols.

New Order - Just Can't Get Enough
The Cure - Tainted Love
Depeche Mode - This Charming Man

Re: Songs you wouls like to hear Morrissey cover?

This is a good question, i can think of many.
I will start off with
Send in the Clowns - ( i think it was Frank originally, i could be wrong)

"Yesterday" by The Beatles. Just the right touch of melancholy. Or maybe "If I Needed Someone," which is, of course, about not needing anyone.

Wait--I was going to harsh Kewpie's mellow by pointing out that this topic has been discussed before, but you already knew that because you started the previou thread about it!

Oh there are so many. I don't think he would cover any of these songs.

Last Caress by the Misfits
Elizabeth on the Bathroom Floor by the Eels
Against All Odds by Phil Collins
Crying by Roy Orbison
Mary By Scissor Sisters
END OF THE WORLD BY SKEETER DAVIS!!!
Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton

"Yesterday" by The Beatles. Just the right touch of melancholy. Or maybe "If I Needed Someone," which is, of course, about not needing anyone.

Wait--I was going to harsh Kewpie's mellow by pointing out that this topic has been discussed before, but you already knew that because you started the previou thread about it!
Thanks HEAD, but it is a read only post now.....

It would be a hoot if he covered Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" -- actually it might be kind of sexy too. I dare him to include the "gonna give you every inch of my love" line :)

I noticed in that Beto Cuevo interview that Moz is rockin' the open shirt & chest hair look, just like Robert Plant in days of old...

My five totally random songs:
I'll Be You - The Replacements
Mis-Shapes - Pulp
Sway - The Rolling Stones
Highway 101 - Social Distortion
Bad Girl - New York Dolls

I've just listened to Interlude. He should play that live, it's soooooo lovely! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom