sing or shut up

crotty32

hi,when i go and see morrissey i like to sing(if you can call it that) along,my wife thinks i deafen people but i love to sing along,are we meant to just stare quietly or what?i love the feeling of hearing the opening chords of a song and then just joining in,am i wrong?what does everybody else do?

hmmmm

You can sing along without disturbing other people around you.

I paid to listen to Morrissey's songs, not drunken yobs.

crotty, 'sing your life'. The speakers are that loud, that you'll find the person next to you won't even hear you. If they did, they would more than likely admire your 'lovely singing voice':guitar:

I sing along violently with no concern for others what so ever.

Standning outside the venue for hours and hours and then sing with moderation?

No way.
Perhaps if it was an intimate acoustic set.

It's impossible not to sing.

It was quite funny at Great Yarmouth's Britannia Pier though.There were rows of people not even moving or registering any signs of of a pulse let alone singing.:rolleyes:

I sing along violently with no concern for others what so ever.

Standning outside the venue for hours and hours and then sing with moderation?

Moderation..... at gigs..... hmmmmmmmmm
as if there's not a problem with that on internet forums
:laughing:

Jukebox Jury

A bit of flailing never did anyone any harm.

There was one chap next to me didn't even move a muscle.

It was quite funny during Doll & the Kicks.The entire audience stood placidly not moving apart from two people who were going bonkers.(which is good:thumb:) but it was bizarre.

Sing along.

One of the things I love best about live shows is the power of the people. Standing among hundreds of people who, just like you, know every word and every note and you hear them all, their love and their passion, is just an overwhelming experience. Usually that's the part of the gig in which I burst into tears :)

Sing along.

One of the things I love best about live shows is the power of the people. Standing among hundreds of people who, just like you, know every word and every note and you hear them all, their love and their passion, is just an overwhelming experience. Usually that's the part of the gig in which I burst into tears :)

Exactly, the whole gig experience is about the excitement of the crowd as well as the performane. Morrissey craves the audience participation.
I think he'd be gutted if everyone just stood / sat there watching silently....

Check out the footage of The Smiths gig at Salford Uni, both mine and Johnny Marr's best ever Smiths gig..... the audience was like being at a football match..... scary Salford bruisers chanting ''Salford, Salford'' all through the gig.... it was wild....... but that's what it was all about.:guitar::guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Morrissey really shouldn't bother going to such towns, anyway, imo:thumb:

sadly I hate to admit you could be right.:(

When the old fashioned ice cream seller went down the aisles I could hardly believe my eyes.:eek:surreal.

When the old fashioned ice cream seller went down the aisles I could hardly believe my eyes.:eek:surreal.

saw New Order a few years ago at the Apollo and I was up in the seats.... the ice cream sellers were back and forth all night:eek:

Jukebox Jury

There was one chap next to me didn't even move a muscle.

It was quite funny during Doll & the Kicks.The entire audience stood placidly not moving apart from two people who were going bonkers.(which is good:thumb:) but it was bizarre.

Didn't everyone remain seated until Morrissey came on? I'm sure of it, as I am tall and there wasn't an awful lot of room. To add to my discomfort I had to sit through an entire Doll and the Kicks set. Sober :eek:

Oh, before I forget. Sing your hearts out. As long as you don't cup your hand over the person in fronts ear and bellow your tones, they have sod all to complain about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom