sing or shut up

Morrissey really shouldn't bother going to such towns, anyway, imo:thumb:

Hold your horses, he needs to give us (in Norfolk) something to hope for! :D

I was quite pissed off when I learned he had come to GY because I didn't find out until afterwards, and I think it's the town nearest to me that he's ever played in. :tears:

And don't ask me how I didn't know before so I could book tickets... I must have been living in a cave, and anyway my Moz-love wasn't at such a high level then. :D

Sing by all means.
I have on occasion been annoyed by people singing at gigs but if it's a standing venue, I'll stand somewhere else.

Far, far, FAR worse are the people who insist on talking through a gig. Paid £30 for a ticket? Check. Standing in a good position to see the stage? Check. Now let's talk about what we did at work today, how fat Fiona is gettting & any number of subjects that come to mind, only stopping to cheer during How Soon Is Now.

*shrugs* do whatever the hell you please.
Being a trained vocalist, I do find it very annoying when I'm trying to listen to the dynamics of a performer that some random talentless f*** is straining to reach the high note on "skull." But that's not going to commence the apocalypse of all the tonedeaf. So you might as well just do what you want and live a full life :thumb:

Far, far, FAR worse are the people who insist on talking through a gig. Paid £30 for a ticket? Check. Standing in a good position to see the stage? Check. Now let's talk about what we did at work today, how fat Fiona is gettting & any number of subjects that come to mind, only stopping to cheer during How Soon Is Now.

while looking around in a 'are we seen by everyone else - we're so fascinating' way. In 2nd row, where you can't change positions.
So my pacifist heart hardens and would be tempted to delve into murder fantasies if it weren't for Moz.

Re the singing:
as long as I hear enoúgh and more of Moz than of the others ... might be a good idea to practice singing to Moz outside of concerts esp. for those who aren't trained- while walking through nature, singing to the sheep (for the coy singers) ...

might they improve their off-key-bess or are there complete lost cases, mccrickson?

might they improve their off-key-bess or are there complete lost cases, mccrickson?

Well I for one was helped by listening and practicing with Moz, that's for sure. He's the reason I wanted to get into trained vocalization in the first place :)
Of course, practicing with Moz, at first just trying to reach all the notes with the same phrasing as him and then moving on to more deliberate voicing and ideals such as his lovely vibrato and strong dynamics, should help you out after awhile.
But on the other hand, some people just weren't born musically adept, and no matter how much practice it takes nothing will ever change. It all depends on which kind of person you are :o

Hold your horses, he needs to give us (in Norfolk) something to hope for! :D

I was quite pissed off when I learned he had come to GY because I didn't find out until afterwards, and I think it's the town nearest to me that he's ever played in. :tears:

And don't ask me how I didn't know before so I could book tickets... I must have been living in a cave, and anyway my Moz-love wasn't at such a high level then. :D

aw poor you!

He'll be back.He's known for playing small venues like The Kings Lynn Corn Exchange etc....and he won't be retiring any time soon.Fingers crossed.:D

Sing its a gig , just view the Move footage from a few years ago , priceless atmophere and Moz was really enjoying the crowd singing the words .
psst I dont need to be drunk to sing , its a terrible affliction I may have welsh blood in me :eek:

Well I for one was helped by listening and practicing with Moz, that's for sure. He's the reason I wanted to get into trained vocalization in the first place :)
Of course, practicing with Moz, at first just trying to reach all the notes with the same phrasing as him and then moving on to more deliberate voicing and ideals such as his lovely vibrato and strong dynamics, should help you out after awhile.
But on the other hand, some people just weren't born musically adept, and no matter how much practice it takes nothing will ever change. It all depends on which kind of person you are :o

Thank you, so now I know what I can tell the others at my local karaoke club :)
*applauds you doing the whole shebang of trained vocalization* (My voice is more in the 'sweet transvestite' range, so I abstain from singing moz songs on those karaoke tapes, they would need to be transponed <sigh>)

*applauds you doing the whole shebang of trained vocalization* (My voice is more in the 'sweet transvestite' range, so I abstain from singing moz songs on those karaoke tapes, they would need to be transponed <sigh>)

:lbf:
Me trying to sing along to Moz is a complete disaster, I either can't get low enough, or high enough to go up an octave. It's quite a challenge.
Fun though. :D

:laughing:
'Sweet transvestite' range. :lbf:
Well best of luck to you on that :highfive:

Sing like a madman! It's probably a good job I didn't get Jools Holland tickets as I would have been yelling my head off all the way...

Didn't everyone remain seated until Morrissey came on? I'm sure of it, as I am tall and there wasn't an awful lot of room. To add to my discomfort I had to sit through an entire Doll and the Kicks set. Sober :eek:

Oh, before I forget. Sing your hearts out. As long as you don't cup your hand over the person in fronts ear and bellow your tones, they have sod all to complain about.

we didn't have a choice, security kept us there.. twas very annoying though trying to stretch my legs out (front row) and all these eejits with drinks kept staggering across! shouldve tripped more of them.. :rolleyes:
go down in my book as one of my fave moz gigs though, if i EVER get over the trauma of the place *shudders*

Back
Top Bottom