sing or shut up

Usually, I mouth the words. When I do, I occasionally fool myself into thinking that I'm actually the one who's singing. I do this in the car as well. That is, unless I hear "I Want It That Way" by the Backstreet Boys. Then, all bets are off.

Everyone else does, so why shouldn't you? Anyway it is very hard not to sing along, isn't it? In Manchester on Mozzer's b-day, as I was being crushed and could hardly breathe I decided to just go with it, I couldn't move, I was trapped so I just swayed with the current and sang along....

Just had a thought..... for those not into the communal singing..... check out the DVD extra of the Move festival on the ''Who put the M in Manchester' DVD... watch 'Everyday Is Like Sunday' and tell me you were not moved when Morrissey stopped singing and the crowd took over......:cool:

Jukebox Jury

I always sing along and I think people who don't sing along are just odd. When I was at Hyde Park there was this girl stood next to me (no offense if you're reading) and she didn't sing along to any of the songs or cheer or anything. She actually looked quite bored.

I went to another gig once, this wasn't Morrissey, it was all seated and no-one, or at least no-one near me sang along. As soon as the band came on to the stage and started singing, I naturally joined in and then realised I was the only one singing so I stopped and just watched like everyone else. I felt like a bit of an idiot.

I always sing along and I think people who don't sing along are just odd. When I was at Hyde Park there was this girl stood next to me (no offense if you're reading) and she didn't sing along to any of the songs or cheer or anything. She actually looked quite bored.

I went to another gig once, this wasn't Morrissey, it was all seated and no-one, or at least no-one near me sang along. As soon as the band came on to the stage and started singing, I naturally joined in and then realised I was the only one singing so I stopped and just watched like everyone else. I felt like a bit of an idiot.[/QUOTE]

As Morrissey puts it "the balcony fool was me, you fool". We've all been there :)

do what you like to do - as for me: I cant be bothered to sing along...
I just dont want to... I want to really enjoy the gig and see it and hear it and feel it - i can sing and dance on any other occasion too

i did it when I was 14 and going to childish punk-gigs, where the party was more important then the music and lyrics...

I always sing along at gigs, and like others im not bothered if it annoys other people. At the roundhouse i had an italian/french couple asking me and my friend to stop singing, to which i told them politley to "shut up". thing is though, no matter how loud the audience sing, they will never be louder than the band or morrissey, so there is no problem in my eyes

its appears that singing is not frown upon which is great i just find it adds so much to the whole live experience(i am also a west ham fan),like a previous post said i am going to ''sing my life''

its appears that singing is not frown upon which is great i just find it adds so much to the whole live experience(i am also a west ham fan),like a previous post said i am going to ''sing my life''

You were doing so well and then you blew it telling us you are a Hammer:D

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom