What do you think should be the next YOR single?

I think Mozzer will milk another 2 singles from YOR - he sometimes seems to have a deathwish and i think if he actually released a single that didn't chart, he'd probably get a kick out of being able to moan about it.

So on that basis i'd go for Skull next, which will prob manage low 20's or high 30's, then Farewell, which will make mid 40's.

He probably won't even do a new B-Side for Farewell either.

Last edited:
to me Skull is probably one of the only songs i could imagine being a single. didnt Boz mention Black Cloud as being a single?? :crazy:

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell has single written all over it for me - which means he probably won't release it! Skull or Mama are the only two other options. My money is on Skull, which would be great. But I have a hunch he won't release any more singles from Refusal.

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell has single written all over it for me - which means he probably won't release it! Skull or Mama are the only two other options. My money is on Skull, which would be great. But I have a hunch he won't release any more singles from Refusal.

I've always thought that the new intro to 'Farewell', lacking Mikey's original luster, robbed it of its single potential. And I'm opposed to a vast majority on here it seems; I really hope its not 'Skull' :blushing:

I hope All You Need is Me and THPGU don't count as Years of Refusal singles with the crap b-sides on That's How People Grow Up! I thought they were for the Greatest Hits and that's why they were live versions and an old unreleased song and live cover on the other. We need more b-sides, that's usually where Moz shines.

Forgot to answer the question:o,
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell probably or Black Cloud. Though he might try something different in hopes of a higher position and try Birthday.

Last edited:
I hope All You Need is Me and THPGU don't count as Years of Refusal singles with the crap b-sides on That's How People Grow Up! I thought they were for the Greatest Hits and that's why they were live versions and an old unreleased song and live cover on the other. We need more b-sides, that's usually where Moz shines.

Forgot to answer the question:o,
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell probably or Black Cloud. Though he might try something different in hopes of a higher position and try Birthday.

Well they have to count as singles, don't they? They were released and are on the album. But i know what you mean.

Black Cloud. But I think "Sorry Doesn't Help" would fare well.

I think "Sorry Doesn't Help" would be a good single choice too - I forgot about that. But, its not going to happen, is it. I thought "On The Streets I Ran" was single material from Ringleaders. That was one of my favourite songs from that album.

Skull has no melody but most don't seem to mind overlooking that fact. I really don't care what the single is as long as we get new B sides I'm happy! Well not exactly happy but you know what I mean :D

I want to hear ACTION MAN!!!

Last edited:
I would have to go with Skull and then Farewell...

I would have never released Paris first.

I think "Sorry Doesn't Help" would be a good single choice too - I forgot about that. But, its not going to happen, is it. I thought "On The Streets I Ran" was single material from Ringleaders. That was one of my favourite songs from that album.

Wow so there's 2 people that liked "On the streets I Ran"? You and me Swallow :) One Day Goodbye will be Farewell kinda reminds me of On the streets.

I actually f***ed this thread up. I meant to post a poll, but it went tits up. My 4 poll choices were;

Something is squeezing my skull
It's not your birthday anymore
Mama lay softly on the riverbed
One day goodbye will be farewell

I think birthday would be a good one.

Last edited:
Mamma, or Black Cloud.

Skull is too much for radio listeners to handle,
Carol isn't radio friendly,
and Birthday is too long.

skull is good, but as a single? it would just reinforce the typical attitude towards morrissey,ie that hes depressed all the time! ( we all know its just an act, isnt it?!) i like black cloud, carol is ok, i dont think any thing will do very well, the dizzy heights of irish blood are long gone. and that was a fix! including downloads that same week that moz was a dead cert for no 1! who cares anyway, charts are crap!

Skull has no melody but most don't seem to mind overlooking that fact. I really don't care what the single is as long as we get new B sides I'm happy! Well not exactly happy but you know what I mean :D

I want to hear ACTION MAN!!!

Not to mention Teresa, Teresa, When I Was Young, I Was Bully Do Not Forget Me, and I'm Looking Forward to Going Back.

Action Man probably has an uphill battle. According to Boz, it was an RotT outtake.

Cheers,
Jamie

mama lay softly on the riverbed or when last i spoke to carol

Back
Top Bottom