What does everyone think of the new songs?

Has he honed them, or is he succumbing to the simplification of music and lyrics in the 21st century? I'm not saying you're wrong, or I'm right, just an alternate way of looking at it. I sometimes wonder if the problem with all long term artists, is that they simply aren't hungry for "it" once they reach a certain level of comfort and fame.

Or they're just extraordinarily filled with talent and curiosity, like Jonny Greenwood.

Or they're just extraordinarily filled with talent and curiosity, like Jonny Greenwood.
I can't speak to that. I can't stand Radiohead. I respect the hell out of them, and I get why people like them, but I have never enjoyed them.

If Morrissey starts aping Tool, I'll burn my entire collection. :lbf:

I personally really like tool and there show with phantomas was pretty awesome though I wouldn't recommend morrissey ape tool. Some math rock really works with a jangly guitar. I love American football and ownen which have been compared to morrissey on this site long before I cam here

at the first listen i thought it was an elephant too, then it sounded more like a caged animal in a laboratory or slaughterhouse, or is it a human voice?

I've no idea what it is really. The sound made me think of an elephant but sampled as i hear it hold the sound at the end right when the music kicks in that makes me think it unnatural. Could be an instrument sampled that just sounds like an elephant or it could be an animal sound sampled. Still when I listen an elephant is what comes to mind. Hopefully a recorded version will help clarify

From the songs we've heard so far it sounds like it's going to be a lot rockier and "louder" than WPINOYB, which I was not expecting after first hearing 'Spent the day in bed'.

From the songs we've heard so far it sounds like it's going to be a lot rockier and "louder" than WPINOYB, which I was not expecting after first hearing 'Spent the day in bed'.

It sounds like it's all over the place. When it was first described as eclectic I still didn't expect it to be quite so eclectic. A ballad a heavy rock song a vintage keyboard song an latin sounding song and a jazzy piano song all on the same album

I like them all - but this is how I rank them right now...!!

1. Home
2. Open Your Legs
3. Jacky
4. Spent the Day
5. My Love
6. The Young People
7. Wish You Lonely

1. Home
2. Open Your Legs
3. Jacky
4. Spent the Day
5. My Love
6. The Young People
7. Wish You Lonely

Please refrain from making a mix tape of that and sending it to me!

1. Home
2. Open Your Legs
3. Jacky
4. Spent the Day
5. My Love
6. The Young People
7. Wish You Lonely

Well our no 1 and no 7 are the same. For me it's

Home

Spent the day

When you open

All the young people

My love

Jacky

I wish you lonely

Ok, I'll bite. I didn't really get "Home" until the Berlin show, but I'd have to rank them:

Home is a Question Mark
All the Young People
I Wish You Lonely
My Love
Spent the Day
When You Open Your Legs
Jacky

My Love, I'd do anything for you
I wish you lonely
Jacky's only happy
When you open your legs
All the young people
Home is a question mark
Spent the day in bed

Now I just wonder what the other five tracks are. It would take some doing to bring Spent the day up in the ranks for me.
I have to say though, I'm enjoying the songs a lot more than I thought I would based on the lead single.

So from complete and utter dismay to singing his praises, the Moz fans have done it again. Roll on the tour and his cash cow.

Has he honed them, or is he succumbing to the simplification of music and lyrics in the 21st century? I'm not saying you're wrong, or I'm right, just an alternate way of looking at it. I sometimes wonder if the problem with all long term artists, is that they simply aren't hungry for "it" once they reach a certain level of comfort and fame.

could be. Once again at solo, various opinions possible, but no definite answer.

Home is a question mark is him trying to create one of those classic emotional songs. I guess with so many homes around the world he is bound to feel a little lost.

The only home we have is the one we came from before we were born.

Home is a question mark is him trying to create one of those classic emotional songs. I guess with so many homes around the world he is bound to feel a little lost.

The only home we have is the one we came from before we were born.

:) send this answer to morrissey somehow,

maybe we'll get punky "i've got a clue" on next album :guitar:

I've listened to them all again this afternoon. I wanted to give them a chance.

Like others have commented...there is tremendous imagination, super ace new tunes, and fantastic progression, Viva Moz!!. More great late-era-Morrissey. How any of you thought these weren't any good is beyond me. Alain Whyte must be so jealous. There's a man with an ear for a tune. On the evidence of what's been aired so far, I cannot find a single bad tune. There is so much there. And the lyrics.....the well has truly replenished. In truth, it never really ran dry.

Fixed it for you, you old miserabilist. :lbf::lbf::guitar::guitar:

Back
Top Bottom