What Is Sexy? Ladies and Gentlemen

Suffice it to say that I've met two men that fit that description, and I married one of them. :D

Hey, I just thought of one. I met him in Chicago. Unfortunately for the single ladies, he is very happily married to a Solo-ist although he does not post here. But he does exist, which gives one hope, no?

I wish my view was not so skewed by where I work, but it is :o
so here goes :straightface:
unattached males and females both come to bars to get drunk and "hook up" later
now before I worked at a bar I operated under the illusion that it was only men who spent most of their time ogling and talking to the standard/regular notion fo what is physically attractive
I honestly thought women were better than that :blushing:
I was mistaken
Most women seem to be attracted to an even smaller band of men than men are of women
What appears to be sexy them is:

1. height, tallness seems to make a lot of women drool
2. really nice clothes, I see them inspecting a man's clothes
3. hair, women love great hair on a dude!
4. teeth, flash them your pearly whites and you are in dude
5. singing voice, well it is a karaoke bar so that one makes sense

intelligence simply does not enter into it
f***in A, I wish it did
but I am not going to pretend it does
sorry :cool:

now before I worked at a bar I operated under the illusion that it was only men who spent most of their time ogling and talking to the standard/regular notion fo what is physically attractive
I was mistaken
Most women seem to be attracted to an even smaller band of men than men are of women

f***in A, I wish it did

What, so it's ok for men to be shallow, but not ok for women? Why "hook up" with someone icky? If I was trolling for cheap sex I'd aim high. Why not? :cool: It's not the same as looking for someone for a real partnership, is it?

What, so it's ok for men to be shallow, but not ok for women? Why "hook up" with someone icky? If I was trolling for cheap sex I'd aim high. Why not? :cool: It's not the same as looking for someone for a real partnership, is it?

of course its ok, I'm still recovering from my illusions being shattered, thats all :(
as for looking for someone for a real partnership, honestly, where does one do that, please tell me :straightface:
because it seems to me to be through the same horrible filter as the quick and dirty hook up :sick:

I was mistaken

f***in A, I wish it did

Robby, why are you looking for love in a Karaoke bar?

of course its ok, I'm still recovering from my illusions being shattered, thats all :(
as for looking for someone for a real partnership, honestly, where does one do that, please tell me :straightface:
because it seems to me to be through the same horrible filter as the quick and dirty hook up :sick:

I could tell you where to go in New York to meet very nice women who have a thing for smart guys. There's a thriving scene here for smarties. I can't guarantee that you'd hook up, but if you want to meet brainiacs and the people who love them, there are places you can go...

Some pretty good lookers, too!

uhh, technically im not, i work at one about 30 hours a week :crazy:
and well, statistically speaking, people go out with people they meet at work :eek:
:lbf:

ps: thx 4 the NYC info :thumb:

One of my first jobs out of school was working for a karaoke club. I can say, without any hesitation whatsoever, that it was the crappiest job I ever had. No offense, but if I had to judge the world of romance by what went on there, I would have become a shut-in a long time ago.

I hope you find what you're looking for, Robby. :)

One of my first jobs out of school was working for a karaoke club. I can say, without any hesitation whatsoever, that it was the crappiest job I ever had. No offense, but if I had to judge the world of romance by what went on there, I would have become a shut-in a long time ago.

I hope you find what you're looking for, Robby. :)

thanks, I guess :p

You can't see brains from across the room, but you can damn sure see ugly. :eek:

Looks aren't that important to me. I prefer a funny personality and good sense of humor to someone who looks like Johnny Depp.

You are the reason I pray for avenging angels and righteous fires to cleanse. It's too hard to remain somandric when I know that people like you exist. Also, I think you might need therapy.

Smartness might be attractive and it might trinket sex appeal, but I don't think it's sexy in itself. Anyway, the entire debate is unfair unless the proposal is flipped on its head.

Last edited:
You are the reason I pray for avenging angels and righteous fires to cleanse. It's too hard to remain somandric when I know that people like you exist.

I'd say I feel the same about you, but well trolling scum like you from the suspicious user list don't really matter at all, do you? :straightface:
but thanks for your post, shit like the above from the likes of you always puts a little pep in my step :thumb:

ps: somandric, somandric, it says "somandric" :rolleyes:
boy someone is trying desperately hard to impress today and failing :cool:

Looks aren't that important to me. I prefer a funny personality and good sense of humor to someone who looks like Johnny Depp.

Agreed! Verbal banter, make me laugh and you're in! :thumb: so to speak :o:p

intelligence and humor is definitely super sexy. unless you're already really really f***ing ugly, then nothing can help you. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom