What Morrissey thinks of Korda Marshall at BMG

What Morrissey really thinks of Korda Marshall (and other amazing tributes) - Music Business Worldwide

Excerpt:

This was supposed to be a simple story telling you that Korda Marshall is winning the coveted A&R Icon gong at the A&R Awards in London next Wednesday (November 1), presented by MBW in association with Abbey Road Studios.

That’s very much still true – and we’re delighted that Korda is following in the footsteps of the brilliant Muff Winwood by collecting the prize at our sold-out ceremony.

People care about Korda. You only need to read the amazing tributes from the likes of alt-J, Muse’s Matt Bellamy, Max Lousada, Seymour Stein and many more below to know that.

He’s been a mentor, a friend and an inspiration to artists and executives alike throughout his 35 years in the UK record business.

But late last night, the original introduction to this humble news alert was stopped in its tracks, when MBW received an email from a source who – how can we put this? – hasn’t exactly been lavish in his praise about the record industry down the years.

He proceeded to tell us, in no uncertain terms, exactly what he thinks of Korda.

Here is that email.

“It is an indisputable fact that most record company executives can barely walk on land, and need to be turned over every 30 minutes. Their success makes you worry for music. But Korda strikes fire because he loves music and he wants others to. He listens with every nerve alert, and for those of us who have too frequently cruised the bars looking for a new label, Korda is a relief and a blessing.

“His job is hard to do well, but easy to do badly. Korda does not view pop artists as marketing creations. Instead, his knowledge, smartness and structural ideas fully join every aspect – he frets about the undotted i. I’m glad he’s around in 2017 entertainment when so many people surprise us only by being able to talk.

“May Korda rule the waves and waive the rules for many years to come.”

MORRISSEY.

41082_korda_marshall.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if your source was genuine or just another nut job? If you believed them can you share the knowledge? As in... 'allegedly, according to something someone heard...' It doesn't imply you agree with it or anything. Anyway most gossip is crap. Queuing up for a Ringleader concert at the Olympia (Dublin) I had to listen to fans chatting about how it was a 'fact' that Moz had a baby with Linder cos this person saw her with a child who looked just like Moz. It could be true but more than likely its made up mush. Still I am intrigued by whatever you heard. Did they say Moz tried it on with Joyce and was rebuked?

I once read an interview with Mike Joyce where he said he did things for the Smiths that he would never have done for anybody else. What could that have meant? Does he have bodies buried in his backyard? Did he do things that would have made Caligula blush? What?

Once? Haha! That I can believe. Have you left the house lately though. Your name is always the first to comment on any Moz related news here. You strike me as a bitter reclusive just based on your attitude and obsessive compulsive posting.

Never underestimate information from the real world away from the censorship of media. I know myself how meetings out there can generate valuable information. Most of the time it keeps its value by you keeping the details to yourself.

I once read an interview with Mike Joyce where he said he did things for the Smiths that he would never have done for anybody else. What could that have meant? Does he have bodies buried in his backyard? Did he do things that would have made Caligula blush? What?

The Smiths Are Dead. Let's not go back in time and dream-up things (anything) that just did not happen.

Beside's Mr Joyce is VERY busy cutting his garden.

Hazard
x

"rumors", "rumors", "rumors".
Exactly.
Rumors are like brain tumors.

Did they say Moz tried it on with Joyce and was rebuked?

http://prince.org/msg/8/229319?pr

peppeken said:
Morrisey and Johnny Marr were lovers and they split up..and then the band did. Still at least they went out on a high...didnt release crap records after their hey-day like U2 have been doing for the past 15 years !
icon_sad.gif

Mong said:
Right reason, wrong band member

Mong said:
Mike Joyce is bisexual and was going out with Morrissey. Mike dumped Morrissey for a woman who he ended up marrying. That's the story, OK?

I wonder if your source was genuine or just another nut job? If you believed them can you share the knowledge? As in... 'allegedly, according to something someone heard...' It doesn't imply you agree with it or anything. Anyway most gossip is crap. Queuing up for a Ringleader concert at the Olympia (Dublin) I had to listen to fans chatting about how it was a 'fact' that Moz had a baby with Linder cos this person saw her with a child who looked just like Moz. It could be true but more than likely its made up mush. Still I am intrigued by whatever you heard. Did they say Moz tried it on with Joyce and was rebuked?

My 'source' is someone you, I and a lot of people know. The conversation wasn't an outright admission, I was led down a path of 'yes' and 'no' questions before arriving at the answer with a nod from said person. I have no reason to believe they were lying.

My 'source' is someone you, I and a lot of people know. The conversation wasn't an outright admission, I was led down a path of 'yes' and 'no' questions before arriving at the answer with a nod from said person. I have no reason to believe they were lying.
sounds very clandestine. was your source deep throat?

peppeken said:
Morrisey and Johnny Marr were lovers and they split up..and then the band did. Still at least they went out on a high...didnt release crap records after their hey-day like U2 have been doing for the past 15 years !
icon_sad.gif

Mong said:

Mong said:
Mike Joyce is bisexual and was going out with Morrissey. Mike dumped Morrissey for a woman who he ended up marrying. That's the story, OK?

Then I wonder who Forgive Someone is really about

peppeken said:
icon_sad.gif

Mong said:

Mong said:

That's what I was told.

That's what I was told.

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, and I can't believe a) that someone like you would buy it for a moment and that b) if it were even half-true, that Joyce - desperate for money as he now is - wouldn't have spilled the beans decades ago.

There is more chance of Morrissey secretly rolling about with Geoff Travis than MJ. In his own words, Joyce was a "thicko drummer" who was an outsider because Morrissey and his friends were "heavy thinkers." It's also been patently obvious through the years that Morrissey never held Rourke or Joyce in the highest of regards and communicated with them via Johnny most of the time. Even the biggest shit-stirring book of all time, Severed Alliance, didn't mention it (at least not in Mike's direction.)

I also find that generally, when people are telling the truth, they tend to come straight out with it and not toy with you and play strange power games with winks, nods, Yes/No quiz answers and other bollocks until a very unlikely conclusion is "assumed." Come on.

Last edited:
That it one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, and I can't believe a) that someone like you would buy it for a moment and that b) if it were even half-true, that Joyce - desperate for money as he now is - wouldn't have spilled the beans decades ago.

There is more chance of Morrissey secretly rolling about with Geoff Travis than MJ. In his own words, Joyce was a "thicko drummer" who was an outsider because Morrissey and his friends were "heavy thinkers". It's also been patently obvious through the years that Morrissey never held Rourke or Joyce in the highest of regards and communicated with them via Johnny most of the time. Even the biggest shit-stirring book of all the time, Severed Alliance, didn't mention it (at least not in Mike's direction.)

I also find that generally, when people are telling the truth, they tend to come straight out with it and not toy with you and play strange power games with winks, nods, Yes/No quiz answers and other bollocks until a very unlikely conclusion is "assumed." Come on.

What evidence do you have that it's NOT true? A reputable, well-known person who knows all the players told me. Why is it on that Prince forum then? Are they lying too?

What evidence do you have that it's NOT true? A reputable, well-known person who knows all the players told me. Why is it on that Prince forum then? Are they lying too?

Well firstly - everything that's ever been said, written, sung, etc about the Smiths, their partners and associates in the past 3 decades make that scenario about as likely as teapots on the moon. Hundreds of people have been interviewed, memoirs have been written, everyone down to the record company tea boy has had their say and none came up with that.

Secondly, that's not how 'proof' works. The burden is on you to present some convincing evidence that "some stuff I heard in a pub" is credible, not on me to "disprove" such tosh when it sounds like a conversation you'd have with a cartoon KGB spy.

As for the Prince forum, my God. I've seen people swear blind on here that Morrissey's mother was an evil Machievelli type, that he was sexually abused, that he has been secretly married to a woman for years, on and on and on.

Well firstly - everything that's ever been said, written, sung, etc about the Smiths, their partners and associates etc in the past 3 decades make that scenario about as likely as teapots on the moon. Hundreds of people have been interviewed, memoirs have been written, everyone down to the record company tea boy has had their say and none came up with that.

Secondly, that's not how 'proof' works. The burden is on you to present some convincing evidence that "some stuff I heard in a pub" is credible, not on me to "disprove" such tosh when it sounds like a conversation you'd have with a KGB spy.

As for the Prince forum, my God. I've seen people swear blind on here that Morrissey's mother was an evil Machievelli type, that he was sexually abused, that he has been secretly married to a woman for years, on and on and on.

Look. Ultimately it's up to you what you choose to believe. No one else can change that. I am telling you what a person who knows told me, which tallies with what is written on that other forum. And by the way, it was not 'some stuff I heard in a pub', it was a pre-arranged meeting with someone while I visited London.

As I said before, you are free to disbelieve.

Look. Ultimately it's up to you what you choose to believe. No one else can change that. I am telling you what a person who knows told me, which tallies with what is written on that other forum. And by the way, it was not 'some stuff I heard in a pub', it was a pre-arranged meeting with someone while I visited London.

As I said before, you are free to disbelieve.

Convincing evidence could change that, actually, but there is none.

Skinny, we've both been around for a long time, I'm not trying to antagonise you but it is odd to see you coming across like one of those "I know something you don't know, but I can't talk about it" smug pillocks. Inevitably these people know bugger all, they get off on feeling powerful, spreading rumours, and pretending to be some kind of "confidante" to the big players when invariably their information is dubious. Johnny Marr knew Morrissey best, he has spoken at length about the band and not said a thing about this.

Also - again, I'm sure your "contact" will disagree - as far as I know Mike's relationship with Tina pre-dated The Smiths, it didn't happen halfway through.

Last edited:
Convincing evidence could change that, actually, but there is none.

Skinny, we've both been around for a long time, I'm not trying to antagonise you but it is odd to see you coming across like one of those "I know something you don't know, but I can't talk about it" smug pillocks. Inevitably these people know bugger all, they get off on feeling powerful, spreading rumours, and pretending to be some kind of "confidante" to the big players when invariably their information is dubious. Johnny Marr knew Morrissey best, he has spoken at length about the band and not said around this. Also - again, I'm sure your "contact" will disagree - as far as I know Mike's relationship with Tina pre-dated The Smiths, it didn't happen halfway through.

I DON'T know something you don't know - I've told you! Jeez. There is literally nothing more to say, because I've told you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom