Portsmouth - Guildhall (July 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Girlfriend In A Coma / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Knockabout World / My Hurling Days Are Done / The Loop / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @lonely_high_court_judge

Last edited:
AT THE GUILDHALL LAST NIGHT MORRISSEY WAS GREAT
ALL PEOPLE WHO TELL THE TRUTH ARE HATED BY THE MEDIA
NOTRA- DAME
GOODBYE TO EUROPE

that made me laugh he is quoting Douglas Murray kind of ,
Douglas made that joke on Sky two days ago
about Louis Vuitton bags
It shows M is not pro BLM as well . It’s so obvious what YouTube Mozzy likes
And in his Spectator column today, Douglas Murray is using the same material again:

"One business paper this week led with ‘Irate rioters in France looted high-end stores such as Louis Vuitton, Zara and Nike amid violent protests over the death of a 17-year-old boy’. Ah yes, those ‘irate’ people who head straight to the handbag section when they want to protest against police racism."

So the final set-list (if correct) looks much like Tel-Aviv Bitan, minus Alma Matters.

🧸

AT THE GUILDHALL LAST NIGHT MORRISSEY WAS GREAT
ALL PEOPLE WHO TELL THE TRUTH ARE HATED BY THE MEDIA
NOTRA- DAME
GOODBYE TO EUROPE
Repeating what's he sees on the news, which he reckons he doesn't watch, doesn't make him a clever learned man.
He lives a comfy life, watches the news and cherry picks things that will be used by him for publicity.
He's fake and completely see through by anyone with half a brain.

From the two videos I watched tonight, the individual whom took Alain’s vacated spot is… underwhelming. I think it’s cool that Moz has some ladies around, but Our Frank was a hot mess. Her intro lead sounded like an intermediate guitar player who just learned the song off a YouTube video. The trade mark freight train lead is How Soon is Now sounded wonky as well. I know people are just happy to see him, but the band sounded so f***ing good just 5 months. It’s tough seeing what it is now. I don’t think she’s up to par, and I’ve got nothing against her.

Hi, just wondered if there were any signed vinyls available on the merchandise stall? Hoping to get one this tour. Thanks.
I am not Dick (despite what you may have heard) - I just found his tweet and posted it here.
Doesn’t look like it, though.

Me like Carmen. Carmen good.
Yep, she's good, no doubt about it. Band coming together now I think, playing with pride, style & swagger. They were a little bit stiff for the first 2 gigs, I felt, but this is now looking, & sounding, great. :thumb:

Yep, she's good, no doubt about it. Band coming together now I think, playing with pride, style & swagger. They were a little bit stiff for the first 2 gigs, I felt, but this is now looking, & sounding, great. :thumb:

HSIN didn't sound very good at all.

‘Unforeseen circumstances’.
This could literally mean anything.

They will resume in Leeds though.
I hate that it's never specified, but I imagine someone will know. I wasn't going to Notts. Nearly did, though. It just sucks for anyone who was. Hopefully, Leeds and Liverpool are unaffected and the rest, of course.

Morrissey doesn’t like the pro- Palestinian voices in the audience. He banned Hugh for mentioning this topic online before a gig.

He‘s politically naive. Spent too much time down the tin foil hat rabbit hole of you tube listening to right wingers. Israeli’s are now taking to the streets in huge numbers to protest against this ultra-zionist far-right coalition currently in power there. He’s comfortable to play there as the IDF sent drones to Jenin and it’s Refugee camp, killing children, and armoured tanks to block humanitarian and medical supplies from getting in. That’s according the the World Health Organisation, on the scene, before anyone tries to discredit. News footage exists of the using tear gas outside a hospital.

He likes to criticise Venezuela though. Tells you all you need to know. He’s a die hard right winger.

Keep heckling people. Love you for it!

HSIN didn't sound very good at all.

download.jpeg

Morrissey doesn’t like the pro- Palestinian voices in the audience. He banned Hugh for mentioning this topic online before a gig.

He‘s politically naive. Spent too much time down the tin foil hat rabbit hole of you tube listening to right wingers. Israeli’s are now taking to the streets in huge numbers to protest against this ultra-zionist far-right coalition currently in power there. He’s comfortable to play there as the IDF sent drones to Jenin and it’s Refugee camp, killing children, and armoured tanks to block humanitarian and medical supplies from getting in. That’s according the the World Health Organisation, on the scene, before anyone tries to discredit. News footage exists of the using tear gas outside a hospital.

He likes to criticise Venezuela though. Tells you all you need to know. He’s a die hard right winger.

Keep heckling people. Love you for it!

Who the f is Hugh? Hugh Grant?

Who the f is Hugh? Hugh Grant?
Yes. I used to enjoy hanging out with Hugh Grant on the barrier, but Hugh, Elizabeth Hurley and Divine Brown all got lifetime bans from the Morrissey tour several years ago for posting pro-palestinian comments online. It was a dark day for fandom, and I haven't seen them at any shows since.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom