When did you become a Smiths/Morrissey fan?

When did you become a Smiths/Morrissey fan?

• 1983 The Smiths

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • 1984 Hatful of Hollow

Votes: 20 12.2%
  • 1985 Meat Is Murder

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • 1986 The Queen Is Dead

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • 1987 Strangeways

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • 1988/9 Viva Hate

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • 1990/1 Bona Drag

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • 1992/3 Kill Uncle/Your Arsenal

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • 1994/5 Vauxhall & I/Southpaw

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • 1996/7 Malajusted

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • 1998/9

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 2000/1

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • 2002/3

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • 2004/5 You Are The Quarry

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • 2006 Ringleader Of The Tormentors

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was into Yazoo, Depeche Mode, Human League, Culture Club and that stuff in the Early 80's.

And actually it was first when they did

the Queen is Dead One of the Best record ever in the whole World - I thought they were great / And then they'd split up a couple of years later / f***ing shame = Just when You're becoming a Fan and they were about to do it with Strangeways outside UK

I saw the Smiths in ARD - German TV (84) and I thought He was very strange (and did not like it then) - Now He's very cool

And actually He's the best crooner in the world

Last edited:
lilybett said:
My best friend's been into him for as long as I've known her, and I used to scoff at her about it because I thought he was oooold and past-it and all that :rolleyes: (now, of course, I'm 10000x more of a nutter-fan than she is)

I always quite liked There Is A Light... and Bigmouth... but that was it. One day she insisted on making me listen to Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now and I (as she knew I would) was like "oh, my God! This man is singing about my life!"

And it went from there. This was just before ...Quarry came out, because I remember rushing out to buy it and not being disappointed. So I've been into him for about 2 years now. I honestly don't know what I did with myself before Steph led me to Morrissey haha! What was I listening to?! However did I convince myself someone feels the same way I do?!

But yeah. I'm only 21 (and 3 days!). I wasn't old enough to have liked The Smiths at the time. I am SO envious of those of you who got to see them live.

Neither have I seen the Smiths Live - Because they'd never played in DK - But I have seen Him solo and He's amazingly - Ill Magnificante

Back
Top Bottom