Morrissey Central "Bonfire of teenagers" (February 7, 2024)

Bonfire of teenagers

d3fa529138538c23d753d6aa2c653d890ee74f31.jpg

SER IG story:
sam_esty_rayner_photography-20240207-0001.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
1986 (The Smiths), 1991 (amazing), 1992 (way too big arena--The Palace of Auburn Hills, MI), 1997, 2000, 2004, and 2006. Every show was great. He never canceled on me.
if you saw the smiths in 86 then you must be in your fifties,that is very interesting.

Yes. Just an ill-advised, unnecessary comment.

If you read the whole paragraph he was trying to make sense of the backlash he'd been getting - & he was just saying that people should try to get on with each other despite their differences.

But - I think Central wanted him to be saying that races don't get on - so it's going to be an uphill battle to undo that one.

In his lifetime.

Yes and it didn’t in the 80s and 90s.

It’s the times that have changed, not Morrissey.

It did.

His career has never properly taken off because of it.

But, you can scrape by when it's false accusations. You can't when someone has decided to make them appear to be true.

It did.

His career has never properly taken off because of it.

But, you can scrape by when it's false accusations. You can't when someone has decided to make them appear to be true.
You mean The Smiths were never huge because of Morrissey’s controversial quotes? That’s interesting.

It could be a factor, although being on Rough Trade and not a bigger company probably played a bigger role.

And their popularity has risen in the last decades despite all of his ‘shocking’ quotes, so I don’t really think it made much of a difference.

You mean The Smiths were never huge because of Morrissey’s controversial quotes? That’s interesting.

It could be a factor, although being on Rough Trade and not a bigger company probably played a bigger role.

And their popularity has risen in the last decades despite all of his ‘shocking’ quotes, so I don’t really think it made much of a difference.

EMI couldn't do anything with him.

The comments he made in the Smiths are safely in the past - & modern Morrissey has been entirely severed from the Smiths.

It annoys me - but - it's for the best. Now we know the damage is going to be ongoing - you can at least limit it.

I would like to hear what things Morrissey has said that people think is most shocking. I have yet to hear anything that shocks me, as a new fan.
The only people shocked by anything Morrissey says can’t really be characterized as “shocked”. These particular people are just resistant to ideas and thoughts their activist overlords didn’t provide. It’s easier to dismiss Morrissey’s comments as bigotry, racism, xenophobia, egoism, outdated and stodgy than it is for them to tolerate a different perspective or opinion. He isn’t even as rude as them, but they think they are justified in their own bombastic rudeness and vulgarity. They are small-minded, often unintelligent types who mistakenly think they’re culturally intellectual. Often they have narcissistic tendencies. You can find some of them here. 💀

The only people shocked by anything Morrissey says can’t really be characterized as “shocked”. These particular people are just resistant to ideas and thoughts their activist overlords didn’t provide. It’s easier to dismiss Morrissey’s comments as bigotry, racism, xenophobia, egoism, outdated and stodgy than it is for them to tolerate a different perspective or opinion. He isn’t even as rude as them, but they think they are justified in their own bombastic rudeness and vulgarity. They are small-minded, often unintelligent types who mistakenly think they’re culturally intellectual. Often they have narcissistic tendencies. You can find some of them here. 💀

Or they could be Chinese or immigrants or Muslim or parents of murdered Norwegian teenagers.

I didn't realise it was a competition to see who "discovered" Moz first. BTW, I've yet to "discover" him. Is he any goo good?
There isn't a competition, she just didn't seem to understand why some people have negative opinions and I wondered if maybe there were some things she didn't know since she is fairly new to Morrissey. There's nothing wrong with that.

SER wakes up, sees the front page here, remembers that 'Uncle' isn't bothered about what he posts - then cobbles together a clip art image over the ever-changing front cover whilst forgetting how album titles are usually presented.
Posts 2 versions of said on his IG and 5 minutes later it's a Central post.
That's my guess. Morrissey with a cold flannel on his forehead in a sanatorium doesn't need to come in to the equation (cue statement).
People extrapolating today's post will lead to digital or physical copies of the album tomorrow may want to hold on for a while...
FWD.
Too many things have mirrored Mozzers
Views . Too many things that are obviously from Mozzer to say it’s all Sam’s fault
I agree he probably posts shite on his own
But I think some is Ms idea . Given the crap Moz has pulled with his emails to Capital , his Paris single emails via boz and John riggers . It’s obvious Moz likes to gaslight and pretend he is saying one thing while saying another or pretending other people are responsible for his own actions .

The best thing to do was post nothing

Too many things have mirrored Mozzers
Views . Too many things that are obviously from Mozzer to say it’s all Sam’s fault
I agree he probably posts shite on his own
But I think some is Ms idea . Given the crap Moz has pulled with his emails to Capital , his Paris single emails via boz and John riggers . It’s obvious Moz likes to gaslight and pretend he is saying one thing while saying another or pretending other people are responsible for his own actions .

The best thing to do was post nothing
Well, it's classic Morrissey to do something and let someone else take the blame for it. I agree he should have been silent. One can only hope he's been confined to a lunatic asylum at this point, because he has hit bottom.

Nowhere does it say everything is SER's fault, but he certainly has a role.
Sam has a history of low quality montages since TTY featured them (~2015 onwards) - the OP image fits that pattern.
He hosts/owns the site, the YouTube channel and 2 FB accs + IG + X that all have featured Morrissey directly or indirectly to a degree.
He's hosted Morrissey statements on his own FB photography page that were not on TTY (TTY ending May, 2017) eg: "America is Black" (May 14, 2016).
He's posted political, vax & animal welfare etc posts on his private FB minutes prior to them appearing on Central (as too: Jesse (whole other story), CJ, DK in the case of Trump/politics et al). I've been able to detect more quickly than most when there's a new Central post up by seeing his online presence on Messenger light up - despite his protestations to the contrary. He's received continuous tagging on some of the cringe-inducing things (that are ultimately viewed as trivial here) by the superfan 'notice me' brigade since he upped his social media presence in 2017 - that, again, magically then appear on Central.
I think it very reasonable to suggest that he has some degree of autonomy based on:
following him (and the rest via public & private channels) personally since his MySpace days. Checking TTY daily, Central daily, his public & private SM accounts for Morrissey news for many years now and observing the behaviour (including peers), tagging and the resultant posts. I suspect most that prefer spoon-fed highlights here haven't put in the extra effort required for said years to make similar observations. Turning all of that in to 'definitely must be Morrissey' just seems to fly in the face of what's observable.
FWD.

I wish all of you good people out there would stop bickering over what is, ultimately, of not really much importance at all.
Growing old has taught me that The Smiths were fantastic, Morrissey has released some great solo records and some mediocre ones. It has also taught me that Mr. Morrissey couldn't care f***ing less about his audience. He really doesn't give a toss about any of us.
I said it in an earlier post:
Get into Status Quo (or anything with major chords and catch melodies and start enjoying what's left of your lives).
I was an absolutely obsessed fanatic about all things Moz but I thank God that it's over for me now.

SER wakes up, sees the front page here, remembers that 'Uncle' isn't bothered about what he posts - then cobbles together a clip art image over the ever-changing front cover whilst forgetting how album titles are usually presented.
Posts 2 versions of said on his IG and 5 minutes later it's a Central post.
That's my guess. Morrissey with a cold flannel on his forehead in a sanatorium doesn't need to come in to the equation (cue statement).
People extrapolating today's post will lead to digital or physical copies of the album tomorrow may want to hold on for a while...
FWD.
Sound theory to me. Someone needs to introduce Canva to SER. :sick:

Yeah, and you don’t sound small-minded, heavily influenced by an “activist overlord”, narcissistic or rude at all!

It’s always the same with you people. You and whatever “anti-establishment figure” it is that has influenced you are right and everyone else is wrong and mindless sheep without one original thought who can’t wait to open every border and let everyone one in no questions asked. There are never any nuances.

Don’t you see that you are exactly what you accuse others of being? Don’t you see that you are as unoriginal, narrow-minded and “sheepish” as your sworn enemies?

Back
Top Bottom