Break Up The Family

I have a new found adoration and LOVE for this song

...thoughts?

Love PTxx.

Holy crap, I adore this song.
I once had a young man (mid thirties-ish, lawyer-type) talk to me for hours about this song. We were waiting in the Q in Oklahoma City. It was one of those odd Q relationships that spontaneously develop just for those few hours. Anyway, he went on and on about it, how much he loved it, it changed his life, etc. I remember thinking, wtf?really? but I kept quiet. I know I've felt that way about other songs, but that one was always just a "skipper" for me.
Fast forward 1 year later. I'm back in my old town, visiting old friends, a few months after I moved away (bad breakup, blah, blah, blah). I'm dreading it.
This song comes on in my car. The "Captain of Games" line is sung, and I'm just wrecked. I'm sobbing so hard I have to pull over and turn the car off.
It's been on my "most played" list ever since.

Rather verbose answer, sorry!

Holy crap, I adore this song.
I once had a young man (mid thirties-ish, lawyer-type) talk to me for hours about this song. We were waiting in the Q in Oklahoma City. It was one of those odd Q relationships that spontaneously develop just for those few hours. Anyway, he went on and on about it, how much he loved it, it changed his life, etc. I remember thinking, wtf?really? but I kept quiet. I know I've felt that way about other songs, but that one was always just a "skipper" for me.
Fast forward 1 year later. I'm back in my old town, visiting old friends, a few months after I moved away (bad breakup, blah, blah, blah). I'm dreading it.
This song comes on in my car. The "Captain of Games" line is sung, and I'm just wrecked. I'm sobbing so hard I have to pull over and turn the car off.
It's been on my "most played" list ever since.

Rather verbose answer, sorry!

This is my fav bit, I love when his voice kinda cracks when he sings "hailstone"...it is just amazing...I AM LOVING EVERYTHING ON VIVA HATE AT THE MOMENT!!

Love PTxx.

How many threads has P.T now done on songs from ViVa Hate......someones going to get told off again!!! :p

No its a fantastic song, one of the best

I think it's probably my favorite Morrissey song. I don't have his whole album discography so it's not saying that much, but it's soooo good. Viva Hate is such a perfect album. (-Bengali in Platforms)

I also like it because, while I might be reaching, but I interpreted that a majority of the songs are about the Smiths on that album and this one is one of the more moving ones...

This + Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together + Alsatian Cousin = perfection~

I heard this live in 2000 and it was an incredible experience after being a huge fan of this song.

I just can't wait untill he plays "I don't mind if yuo forget me."

I will probably soak my pants.:horny: Okay, TMI, I know.

i adore this song too, it's always been one i've felt is underrated. it's so poignant and the emotions are so sharply described.

"it wasn't youth, it wasn't life, born old sadly wise"

says so much, breaks my heart, too near the bone etc.

the song that totally breaks me down is late night, maudlin street though. somewhat similar but so much sharper and harder to hear.

Back
Top Bottom