gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
RB via a FB group (for posterity):

FB_IMG_1689099889452~2.jpg

FWD.

Hope next time Fiona interviews him, she asks why do you think it's ok to cancel a concert with no proper explanation or an apology.

Nothing from Ticketmaster about a straight swap Nottingham for Leeds?
Quite frankly it’s a shambles ..

And you think he meant that sincerely?!
Si.Yes, I think so, . But Moz means that they don't speak ill of him. That they do not judge him that they do not make fun of his way of being and etc. I understand exactly what Morrissey is referring to... That's why I was so impressed by his phrase and I love him so much ❤️

I heard a rumor it was due to the venue not going vegan/vegetarian. Not sure if truthful though
So far, the place has flooded, been struck by lightning, not gone vegan, members of the band have “left”, Morrissey had to “rest his voice”, Morrissey was hungover as f***… any more rumours to add to this list?

He simply couldn’t be bothered and had no shame/guilt/hesitation in cancelling a gig 8 hours before the doors were due to open, and his shit-show management didn’t even have the decency to confirm the cancellation with TicketMaster till about 3pm so that they could let their customers (his fans!) know. Yet, he had time to post on Central, thanking the audience from the night before, obviously still drunk. It’s a disgraceful and horribly arrogant thing to do.
If I didn’t already have trains and a hotel booked for Liverpool next week, I wouldn’t bother going. But it will be my last Morrissey show (if he turns up for it). The setlist is boring, he looks bored all the time, and who even are the band?!

Last edited:
Morrissey confirms cancelled Nottingham Royal Concert Hall show won't be rescheduled
Added to OP.

Thanks but further up the thread there’s a post about Gigs and Tours offering a swap for the Nottingham ticket >> Leeds show tonight.

I’ve received nothing of a similar nature from Ticketmaster.
Yeah, sorry, my post was just backing up what you were saying about there being no option to swap on Ticketmaster.
I just want my money back now, but even that’s going to take f***ing ages.

Well that's me done. Second time this has happened with no apology or explanation.
I used to follow Morrissey blindly but I grew up and started thinking for myself.
Love the music, that won't change, but to be treated as such, I'm done.

Thanks but further up the thread there’s a post about Gigs and Tours offering a swap for the Nottingham ticket >> Leeds show tonight.

I’ve received nothing of a similar nature from Ticketmaster.

Ticketmaster have been horrendous in this instance.
Wouldn't let me sign into my account, said I was a bot.
Ffs world has truly gone mad.

So far, the place has flooded, been struck by lightning, not gone vegan, members of the band have “left”, Morrissey had to “rest his voice”, Morrissey was hungover as f***… any more rumours to add to this list?

He simply couldn’t be bothered and had no shame/guilt/hesitation in cancelling a gig 8 hours before the doors were due to open, and his shit-show management didn’t even have the decency to confirm the cancellation with TicketMaster till about 3pm so that they could let their customers (his fans!) know. Yet, he had time to post on Central, thanking the audience from the night before, obviously still drunk. It’s a disgraceful and horribly arrogant thing to do.
If I didn’t already have trains and a hotel booked for Liverpool next week, I wouldn’t bother going. But it will be my last Morrissey show (if he turns up for it). The setlist is boring, he looks bored all the time, and who even are the band?!
Agreed 100%
I'm done.

As others have said above I’m also just about done with Morrissey’s lack of respect for his fans.
I’m pleased that the show is now cancelled, this means I’ll get my money back and won’t have to fanny about with a reschedule.

I have tickets for Liverpool, train tickets bought and a hotel booked.

At this moment in time the last person I really want to see, or hear is Morrissey.

I’m really not sure if I want to go to Liverpool on the 18th. If I had the option to get my money back right now, then I would.

RE the set list, it’s very similar to Blackpool and Doncaster from last year.

I would be fuming too. Of course gigs can be cancelled due to whatever reason and that's always really bad if you had made arrangements for it (time off work, train/plane tickets, hotel etc.), but just give an explanation and apology to the fans. They are not all these crazy people who seemingly are able to organise their whole life around Morrissey. I think for the most people it's a highlight they want to treat themselves to. And then no sorry or explanation is just rude. But I guess that's what a management would be good for, but instead he keeps regretting not to have met Prince for dinner many icebergs ago 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
I’m really not sure if I want to go to Liverpool on the 18th. If I had the option to get my money back right now, then I would.
You always have the option to sell your ticket. If you've got a decent seat you might even earn enough profit to pay your wasted travel costs.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom