gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that you can swap to Leeds tickets, that’s giving the option of hundreds of swaps, so Leeds must be struggling with ticket sales.

See my explanation earlier in this thread. The reason that makes the most (Morrissey) sense to me is that Leeds and Nottingham are close enough together to potentially share an audience. Leeds will be empty with nowhere to hide and this was done in a bid to direct people to Leeds - which is the centrepiece of this 'tour'. The nature of the communication from 'Gigs and Tours' indicates that this was always a fall back position dependant on Leeds ticket sales.
Last time I saw him in Leeds it was only half full.

These larger shows are done now for Morrissey. That's why Castlefield was cancelled.

I'm really happy that the show wasn't rescheduled as I can't be bothered with holidays etc. coming up. Just waiting for the money to land back in my account now and count my blessings.

See my explanation earlier in this thread. The reason that makes the most (Morrissey) sense to me is that Leeds and Nottingham are close enough together to potentially share an audience. Leeds will be empty with nowhere to hide and this was done in a bid to direct people to Leeds - which is the centrepiece of this 'tour'. The nature of the communication from 'Gigs and Tours' indicates that this was always a fall back position dependant on Leeds ticket sales.

These larger shows are done now for Morrissey. That's why Castlefield was cancelled.

I'm really happy that the show wasn't rescheduled as I can't be bothered with holidays etc. coming up. Just waiting for the money to land back in my account now and count my blessings.

I hadn’t seen your post. I do think he could have sold out castlefield bowl….Manchester gig afterall. But two nights was too ambitious. All this talk of cancellation history…That’s actually my only cancellation of his.

Two nights at Castlefield was delusional.

The idea that you can be 7 hours away from doors on Sunday with a cancellation out of the blue with no explanation and then you are going to head 70 miles up the M1 to a Leeds show to see the person that has most likely left you out of pocket, is also delusional. The number of people that have transferred must be close to zero. There is literally no incentive.

I would have been more inclined to go to Leeds if Nottingham had been utterly brilliant.

Last edited:
But didn't he sell out this show he just canceled? A bit odd

I'm really happy that the show wasn't rescheduled as I can't be bothered with holidays etc. coming up. Just waiting for the money to land back in my account now and count my blessing

So far, the place has flooded, been struck by lightning, not gone vegan, members of the band have “left”, Morrissey had to “rest his voice”, Morrissey was hungover as f***… any more rumours to add to this list?
So those are rumors...
He simply couldn’t be bothered and had no shame/guilt/hesitation in cancelling a gig 8 hours before the doors were due to open, and his shit-show management didn’t even have the decency to confirm the cancellation with TicketMaster till about 3pm so that they could let their customers (his fans!) know. Yet, he had time to post on Central, thanking the audience from the night before, obviously still drunk. It’s a disgraceful and horribly arrogant thing to do.
If I didn’t already have trains and a hotel booked for Liverpool next week, I wouldn’t bother going. But it will be my last Morrissey show (if he turns up for it). The setlist is boring, he looks bored all the time, and who even are the band?!
And this is supposed to be factual info?

BTW the "He needed to rest his voice" rumor is what a poster here said the band members told him/her.

Which makes Morrissey's cancellations even more pathetic. Smith is clearly heavier, and likely less fit than Morrissey, yet the Cure still manage long tours, playing back to back gigs, 2 and half hour sets, all the while charging the same prices as Morrissey (and sometimes less - Robert Smith has personally tried to counter Ticket Master's absurd practices).

Cancellations are par for the course with Morrissey, of course. It's just really sad that the fans accept it time and time again, are seemingly OK with being treated this way.
We are just fans...we are not married to him.

IMG_5923.jpeg

Got my Nottingham refund through this morning. Now in Liverpool.
Did I spy a Wetherspoons nearby…?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom