gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the vast majority of the audience applauded ND and cheered for Moz, it was only one obnoxiously loud f***er that ruined it for the most of us.
For the avoidance of doubt, here's the context:

I'm 57 years old and have been to 30 Morrissey/Smiths gigs over the last 35 years. I've shouted out twice during that time. The first was to ask about Alain, after Alain stopped touring 15-20 years ago. The second was at Portsmouth 2 nights ago. Unless you have followed Morrissey from your teenage years, perhaps it's hard to imagine quite how difficult it is to see Morrissey morph from someone you admire to someone Morrissey himself would have despised in 1983.

Morrissey has let us all down, and it's hard to take.

For the avoidance of doubt, here's the context:

I'm 57 years old and have been to 30 Morrissey/Smiths gigs over the last 35 years. I've shouted out twice during that time. The first was to ask about Alain, after Alain stopped touring 15-20 years ago. The second was at Portsmouth 2 nights ago. Unless you have followed Morrissey from your teenage years, perhaps it's hard to imagine quite how difficult it is to see Morrissey morph from someone you admire to someone Morrissey himself would have despised in 1983.

Morrissey has let us all down, and it's hard to take.
So instead of leaving you decide the best course of action is to ruin the experience for all the fans in your vicinity who are actually enjoying themselves?

Morrissey isn’t the same person he was 40 years ago , it’s hardly shocking. I’m pretty sure most of us are different now to how we were in our early 20’s. He’s evolved and if you don’t appreciate that then please keep your opinions to the internet and stop impacting on other fan’s experiences at shows.

Notre Dame and the personnel bloodletting have ripped open nasty wounds, that were scarred once again.
If he is afraid of critical heckling, the remaining appointments become a delicate matter. He is also aware, that the press may pick up on it. Even if he, as a resolute enlightener, supposedly doesn't care.

So instead of leaving you decide the best course of action is to ruin the experience for all the fans in your vicinity who are actually enjoying themselves?

Morrissey isn’t the same person he was 40 years ago , it’s hardly shocking. I’m pretty sure most of us are different now to how we were in our early 20’s. He’s evolved and if you don’t appreciate that then please keep your opinions to the internet and stop impacting on other fan’s experiences at shows.
He’s evolved? I would say he’s devolved personally. I think you have a rather naive view of the nature of protest - dissent and challenge is how society itself….evolves.

Anyone knows if there really were many hecklers? Or just the idiot who posted here and the one shouting "Johnny Marr"? Cause if that was all it doesn't seem like a big deal.
Looking through the post-gig thread, I think there were maybe three hecklers then, as there was also a woman shouting about Palestine and protesting about him having recently played in Israel between the songs.

Interesting. Well, a lot of aggressive people on this forum, so maybe it's not surprising lol. In any case he must be used to it, very much doubt it would cause him to cancel any shows, especially since he shared that enthusiastic message about Portsmouth.

Anyone knows if there really were many hecklers? Or just the idiot who posted here and the one shouting "Johnny Marr"? Cause if that was all it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Sorry for everyone who had tickets. It was sold out too. Hopefully it will be rescheduled.
I didn’t hear any besides them, just people shouting the usual positive things at Moz like ‘we love you’ and that kind of thing.

Actually, what I said was

To Morrissey, 'That song's Bullsh1t'
To Carmen, 'You should be ashamed of yourself'
To Juan, 'And you should be ashamed of yourself'.

Given that 99% of us on here probably agree that Notre-Dame almost certainly wasn't caused by a Muslim terrorist attack, it's perhaps not surprising that one of us thought to mention it given the opportunity.

Do the guys in the band really want to be involved in stirring up racial tension? It would be a bit odd.
surely you know morrisseys proclivity for walking off stage if he feels he's been insulted. so you disagreed with him and didnt like his song.... maybe you had a point, BUT what about all those other poor buggers who paid for their ticket and who were maybe going to see him for the first time and were excited about it? you were okay with him potentially walking off the stage to the disappointment of all the other people there? i mean, it's alright for you, you had already seen him scores of times. but where's the consideration for them? if you dont at least have any respect for your fellow concert goers, maybe you shouldnt go to concerts.

You are delusional if you think fans returned to see Alain Whyte. That’s balderdash.
I went to see Morrissey in October 2022 because Alain was back, even though I knew the setlist would be mostly gash. I was honestly there more for Alain than I was for Morrissey.

Now I'm up and thought about it, how come Ticketmaster didn't text me till 3.00pm. Could have saved me a load of money. Won't be using them again. Poor service.

To clarify, it was not specifically suggested that they returned to see AW in my post. It was upon hearing that the band were as good as they’d sounded in years. Of course he was part of that band. Take from that what you will.
Anecdotally, I know people that were back at shows because he’d returned. I wouldn’t suggest there was a large percentage of fans that did this, though, regardless of how much more applause he got during the rare band introductions. It was obvious there was a connect with the fans and we’ll just leave it at that.
Remember when he used to encourage the audience to applaud Morrissey on these occasions, knowing that he lived on it. I can't imagine that happening with any of the current band members. All reports about the concerts with Alain from people who have a little more background knowledge, always mentioned Alain Whyte's positive aura in the overall context.

Remember when he used to encourage the audience to applaud Morrissey on these occasions, knowing that he lived on it. I can't imagine that happening with any of the current band members. All reports about the concerts with Alain from people who have a little more background knowledge, always mentioned Alain Whyte's positive aura in the overall context.
Yes, I remember. Witnessed it first hand on many occasion.
One of the really cool things about the previous tours of the last couple of years was to see just how much the fans loved both Alain and Gustavo. I don’t just mean on stage. Both were quick to share their limited time with fans no matter where they were or what they were doing. With over thirty years combined tenure they earned the love and respect of the fans. And with due respect to the other members, most fans considered them the heart and soul of the backing band because they put in the time and treated people properly.

Yes, I remember. Witnessed it first hand on many occasion.
One of the really cool things about the previous tours of the last couple of years was to see just how much the fans loved both Alain and Gustavo. I don’t just mean on stage. Both were quick to share their limited time with fans no matter where they were or what they were doing. With over thirty years combined tenure they earned the love and respect of the fans. And with due respect to the other members, most fans considered them the heart and soul of the backing band because they put in the time and treated people properly.
I think you mean Alain and Boz as the heart and soul? But yes, agreed, they were always very well liked and will always be as the prime songwriters of all those classic songs from the past 31 years.

Now I'm up and thought about it, how come Ticketmaster didn't text me till 3.00pm. Could have saved me a load of money. Won't be using them again. Poor service.
Not surprising by TM.
Purchased my ticket direct from the theatre.
I received an email from the venue at 10.49, unfortunately was travelling so didn't pick it up until I arrived.
Headed to the venue, details of the cancellation posted but no sign of staff or any activity ie. Tour trucks,crew etc.

Back
Top Bottom