Fiona Dodwell: "Five Morrissey Albums That Deserve Reappraisal" (December 3, 2020)

What ever this means..... always
We both love it ..... you fat dog
Now 4uck it billy small nackers..
...and in pipes the wee, slack-jawed yokel from miniature town, with a come-back perfectly befitting his level of cognitive ability. Fresh back from his 3 pint bender down Botchergate, no doubt.

Lay off the sausage and fruit-sauce, kiddo.

Oh, I see. But it's never too late to change the course of history, or not? I bought some great 70s funk and soul albums this year that had never been reissued before.
Interesting. I don’t meet many Morrissey fans into funk. A couple of years ago, I was in a record shop with a rap and funk enthusiast; he basically told me to buy Everybody Up by Ohio Players—it’s fantastic. Are you familiar?

I dare say the demand for Swords on vinyl would be significant. I think it’s almost a certainty to happen at some point—unless there’s some complete b-sides ‘album’ on the cards.

“Fundamentally pointless”, you say? What? ...like another Morrissey reissue? He doesn’t even wait for RSD to repackage and re-shill the stuff that didn’t sell the first time around.

Here again, you show your lack of depth in both musical knowledge and taste. It doesn’t take much effort to find the astonishing number of quality original releases - including “compilations” - that were on offer this year, on RSD. ...and EVERY year for that matter.
Good to know you’re one of the suckers queuing up. Have you sat down yet, after your spanking last night? At least you’re learning some manners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I don’t meet many Morrissey fans into funk. A couple of years ago, I was in a record shop with a rap and funk enthusiast; he basically told me to buy Everybody Up by Ohio Players—it’s fantastic. Are you familiar?

I dare say the demand for Swords on vinyl would be significant. I think it’s almost a certainty to happen at some point—unless there’s some complete b-sides ‘album’ on the cards.
You don’t meet many people.

Good to know you’re one of the suckers queuing up. Have you sat down yet, after your spanking last night? At least you’re learning some manners.
WTF are you on about now? There are no queues this year, are there, Sweet-tits? ...and your weird attempt at a personal dig is just plain creepy. Yer a right try-hard how, aren’t ya?

WTF are you on about now? There are no queues this year, are there, Sweet-tits? ...and your weird attempt at a personal dig is just plain creepy. Yer a right try-hard how, aren’t ya?
And you’re minding your Ps & Qs lately and keeping in your box.

Well, over the past few days I've carried out my re-appraisal of these 5, in accordance with Fi's request...all good ta. :thumb:

You are currently exchanging views with the living proof that Morrissey and a bit of funk are not mutually exclusive. I checked out the Ohio Players, thanks for recommending. My special interest is 70s funk and soul.
I hope we don't have to wait another 8-9 years for a vinyl reissue of Swords. They should release it asap in a nice boxset with a new b-sides and rare tracks lp or ep containing hitherto hidden gems like Blue Dreamer's Eyes, It happens everytime, etc. In this boxset, we'll find a philosophical treatise written by Morrissey on the universal appeal of rare tracks throughout history as they express true diversity.

I don't know why I torture myself reading all her tripe. I'm all for writing praising essays about Morrissey's back catalogue, but she has f*** all interesting to say about anything at all. Even Wikipedia articles are more enlightening.

I don't know why I torture myself reading all her tripe. I'm all for writing praising essays about Morrissey's back catalogue, but she has f*** all interesting to say about anything at all. Even Wikipedia articles are more enlightening.
I don't mind her articles. Yes, they're generally a bit 'thin', but at least they're positive, & pleasant enough in their own way. Plus, this particular one prompted me to wipe off any dust & get those 5 albums out again.

I'd always thought Your Arsenal was one of the most highly-rated Morrissey solo albums. It's certainly in my top three, alongside Vauxhall & I and You Are The Quarry.

Swords is basically a B-Sides album isn't it? As with Maladjusted and World Peace, there's a handful of decent tracks on there but I wouldn't play either of them from start to finish without skipping a few. I can't comment on the recent album as I've not heard it yet and don't have a burning desire to do so, for various reasons.

It was highly rated, and well received. Dodwell doesn’t know what she is talking about. Kill Uncle was panned. Your Arsenal was welcomed as a triumphant return, and had the much anticipated live tour to boot.

Avoid her scribbles.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom